Need recommendations: what are the best Dreamcast racing g..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

I have an old Sega Turbo cabinet that I'm thinking of converting to either
a Dreamcast cabinet or MAME cabinet.

What are the best racing games for the Dreamcast? My personal favorite is
Daytona USA. I prefer arcade racers over simulation racers.

p.s. Anyone know if it's possible to connect a Dreamcast to an arcade
monitor?
--
Mac Cool

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> p.s. Anyone know if it's possible to connect a Dreamcast to an arcade
> monitor?

In theory. I believe that arcade monitors accept TV-frequency RGB
signals (though I've never seen one) so it should be a simple matter to
hack up a cable to fit one from the standard RGB output.

I don't remember where I saw all this stuff, but there is a Dreamcast
pinout at www.gamesx.com which should let you know which pins to tap off.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Check out this website:
http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/arc_dc2.html

Also, this company makes a Jamma converter, but it works kind of funny...no
freeplay.
http://www.frolicker.com.tw/cdcb.htm

San Francisco Rush game is a fun arcade racing game. Hydro Thunder is fun
as well.
Franco

"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
> I have an old Sega Turbo cabinet that I'm thinking of converting to either
> a Dreamcast cabinet or MAME cabinet.
>
> What are the best racing games for the Dreamcast? My personal favorite is
> Daytona USA. I prefer arcade racers over simulation racers.
>
> p.s. Anyone know if it's possible to connect a Dreamcast to an arcade
> monitor?
> --
> Mac Cool

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in

> What are the best racing games for the Dreamcast? My personal favorite
> is Daytona USA. I prefer arcade racers over simulation racers.

More sim than arcade, but the best racer on my list is Test Drive Le Mans
24hr. (Not to be confused with the other Test Drive games).

--
Marc.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 04:29:47 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:
>I have an old Sega Turbo cabinet that I'm thinking of converting to either
>a Dreamcast cabinet or MAME cabinet.
>
>What are the best racing games for the Dreamcast? My personal favorite is
>Daytona USA. I prefer arcade racers over simulation racers.

On the arcade side, Metropolis Street Racer and San Fransisco Rush 2049
are good, as is Tokyo Extreme Racer 2. I'd highly recommend Ferrari F:355 as
well, if you had any interest in sim racers.

"Nn I I eh er a I I n was n n n do I believe te pe te it depends on the nature of the question."
-- Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin deftly deflecting questions on the Quebec sponsorship scandal

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

My personal favorite is San Fransisco Rush 2049 (lots to do in it!) also
Metropolis Street Racer is very good :)
I think the remake of Daytona USA for the DC is actually a bad racing game
for the DC, but hey that's only me saying that, no offense to the ones who
like the game :)

"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> schreef in bericht
> I have an old Sega Turbo cabinet that I'm thinking of converting to either
> a Dreamcast cabinet or MAME cabinet.
>
> What are the best racing games for the Dreamcast? My personal favorite is
> Daytona USA. I prefer arcade racers over simulation racers.
>
> p.s. Anyone know if it's possible to connect a Dreamcast to an arcade
> monitor?
> --
> Mac Cool

TRENDING THREADS