SB Live 5.1 AC-3 Problem - Please Help!!!

viper_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
Please can anyone out there help. I have just got a SB Live 5.1 Sound card and VideoLogic Digitheater speakers. The speakers have a digital input which has an RCA coax connector. The naff SB manual, all 5 pages of it, neglects to metion what type of connector to use. I spent a couple of hours at creatives Web site, which informed me that I could a stereo 3.5 jack to two phono, and the left channel will carry the AC-3 signal. My ears tell me different. Does anyone know of anything to try, any settings I may of missed or the type of cable to use. Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

Viper_1

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is a little connector cable that goes from the orange digital out on the SBLive to the AC-3 connection of your speakers, but Creative Labs says it comes with their speakers not their cards.
I guess it is sort of their own little way of forcing you to buy their speakers if you buy their card and want AC-3.
I would try www.soundblaster.com to see if they can send or sell you the small connector.

G

Rant: Creative manuals suck big time :(

The orange connector is the digital output, the left channel carries the front Left/Right and the right channel carries the rear Left/Right combo. (Sterio SPDIF per channel/wire = 4 channels for a sterio cable)

The only time the digital out carries a PROPER 5.1 signal is when you are playing an AC3 source, such as DVD and you are not using the sound card to decode the stream (bypass AC3 decode option under advanced in the creative control panel)

TRENDING THREADS