B75 Mobo suitability

malbluff

Honorable
I know B75's are often describe as "for business use", and tend to have slightly different connectivity. Apart from that, is there any substantive difference, between B75 and H77, if used for gaming purposes, with a locked processor.
Looking at what information tends to be given, in manufacturers specs, there often seems to be very little, practical, difference. I've also heard B75 described variously as having NO overclocking capability, or LIMITED OC. I take it that refers to CPU, and doesn't limit "adjustment", of GPU?

The different chipsets offer different features. Performance wise, there will be no difference. The oc ability does refer to the cpu and igpu. Both b75 and h77 cannot oc. There is nothing to stop you from ocing a discrete card because this is handled by the driver. B75 has legacy pci support and sba, h77 has isrt (ssd caching), nothing else is different.

Generally the B75 boards will also include a couple business features like anti-thief and can have remote access.

H77 are general purpose boards
Z77 are performance boards
z75 entry performance boards
B75 basic business with a number of lagacy features like serial ports etc.
Q77 mainstream business boards with more features then the B75. Also we generally run these as extended life boards.
H61 entry level boards.