Is this guy running crossfire??

fasty1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8402/shogun22011071320292742.png
It says it 1953mb video memory so i just wanna make sure.
on youtube he "claims" he runs shogun 2 total war maxed out dx 11 at 40-50fps. His specs are 2500k@4.5ghz
hd6870
4gb ddr3. While my cpu is x6 1055t 2.8(ghz) and i tried the same setting and get about half the fps. Like on that screenshot for example i get 25fps while he get 57.. WTF??? I honestly dont know what im doing wrong and looking at all these 6870s videos on youtube makes me feel terrible.

It's quite possible that the game is very CPU bound and you have quite a low CPU speed. Not only is he running at 60% higher clock speed on a CPU that gives more performance per clock. He is also running at 1440x900. If you are at 1080p, it's going to take quite a bit more power to run that resolution.

It depends on the game and the situation. The CPU plays a part in physics and building the frames. If the CPU is holding you back, the GPU can't be used to its full power. If you have MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z, you can see how much the GPU is being used while playing the game. If you see it working below 99/100%, there is a good chance the CPU is the reason it's not working to it's fullest. If it is near 100%, then the CPU is not likely holding anything back.

There is a good chance he does. Although that should read 2048mb if he did. That may be his video memory plus virtual memory. I believe Vista used to always setup some virtual memory for the video card (I'm not sure what it all did).

But 1080p is quite a lot bigger resolution than his, which would hold you back if everything else was equal. I also bet your CPU is a bottleneck at it's current clock speed.

I'm not sure if it's crossfire or not.