Sign in with
Your question

HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2011 5:43:36 AM

Ugh! I hope someone can help me. I'm a noob and I messed up my computer. :whistle: 
I have a Dell 8100 XPS Core I7 870 with an Nvidia 465 Video card. I did 3 things in this order. I updated Windows, I updated my Nvidia drivers and then I updated the Bios from A04 to A05. Everything works fine, BUT on my games where I use to get 60 FPS I now only get 20 to 30!!! NOTHING has seemed to help. Why did updating the Bios affect my frame rates??? :sarcastic:  I even reinstalled windows 7 os and reinstalled Nvidia drivers and nothing I've done has helped.

I hope someone can tell me how to fix this! I should have just left it all alone. :sweat: 

More about : question

a c 155 Î Nvidia
August 5, 2011 2:01:46 PM

Did it happen after the BIOS update or the new GPU drivers?
m
l
August 5, 2011 2:19:46 PM

rolli59 said:
Did it happen after the BIOS update or the new GPU drivers?

Hi! Um, I did all of it at the same time one right after the other and then restarted my computer so I dont know for sure. THanks for trying to help me though! :whistle:  I even had the H.D. replaced last week after I somehow messed THAT up. It was replaced by the exact same model but my FPS are still really slow. :sarcastic: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 155 Î Nvidia
August 5, 2011 2:22:06 PM

Try rolling back your GPU drivers back to the older version you had.
m
l
August 5, 2011 4:16:54 PM

rolli59 said:

Well, when I reinstalled windows I also reinstalled the original drivers from the CD I got with my Nvidia 465. :o 
Even before I updated my card with the new drivers online, it still gave me slow fps.
m
l
August 5, 2011 4:28:41 PM

rolli59 said:

I will try it again though and see what happens. :whistle: 
m
l
August 15, 2011 11:48:09 AM

YAY it worked! Thanks for the help Rolli! :bounce: 
m
l
a c 155 Î Nvidia
August 15, 2011 7:34:29 PM

Sometimes with older cards performance enhancements for new cards result in slowdowns.
m
l
!