What redeon is best for overclocking

Raineman

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
I have been discussing the gcard to get and I have been told to get a 5850 and overclock it but I cannot get one I am looking at 6850(maybex2), 6870, 6950, 6970 (asus, saphire, not sure about gigabyte as I have had bad luck with them) I want a card I can overclock as I use to overclock my gigabyte 5750 and blew both because of faults in the card.and I play some games like dragon age 2, sims, civilization and wow so I am not an avid gamer and I use an lg 1080p 22 inch led

1tb cavier blue hd
p I5 760 2.8
8gb 1333 mhz kingston ram
antec 300 case
water cooler on the board
p55 usb 3.0u motherboard ( i want to upgrade soon to a usb6gbs capeable motherboard)

Assuming you mean 6 gb/sec SATA ports (hypothetial ~550 Mb/sec throughput), please realize that unless you are running one of the very latest (Vertex 3 Pro, etc.)SSDs, there are normally very few devices that can saturate/exceed the bandwidth of even the older SATA 3 gb sec ports (260 MB/sec throughput)....; certainly there will be no discernable difference with any conventional mechanical HDD running at only 7200 rpm capable of only ~60 MB/sec sustained throughput anyway.

Raineman

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
ok so a 6950 is better than 2 6850's crossfired for a single screen then but is a 6970 worth it and also is saphire a good brand for usage and warranty and also card life? and if a 6950 is what I choose do I get the 1gb or 2gb?

Thank you for ur answers

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
As mentioned in other threads, the 2 Gb model is better used for multiple monitor setups. For just one monitor 1Gb of V-RAM is enough.

Since new PC came to my ROOM these last years i have used sapphire products for video cards only. None failed until now. The old card still runs in a friends PC and the new card is running fine. I have no idea how their customer support is. Never had to use it.

If you want to buy sapphire try to buy a vapor-x or toxic model. Those have that vapor chamber that keeps the GPU cooler then normal.

If not, buy from MSI/asus or other large manufacturer brand but it better have a good cooler on it with at list two fans.

Never mind, i found sapphire toxic with reference cooler, i just hate reference coolers, over time the cooler brakes or at best it make's more noise.
Here : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102949 .

So what PSU model and brand you have now?