Status
Not open for further replies.

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
I am considering upgrading and was wondering what kind of prices I might expect if I were to sell the following:

BFG 6800 OC video card, retail box, all software/documentation included. Purchased in January 2005. No problems, fully unlockable with Riva Tuner. Would anyone here pay $150 for this card?

Intel P4 2.8C purchased in June 2003. No problems, never overclocked. Will come with a free Asus P4P800 mobo that may be slightly defective (might just be my own ineptitude though too). How much? Would anyone pay $75 for this chip?

Also, I no longer have the packaging for the CPU. How would I go about safely shipping it?

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Video card is AGP8x, with 128 MB RAM.

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Think you are being led by a carrot on a stick...

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

RichPLS

Champion
I luv karets

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Auburn9698

Champion
LOL

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange> 13-0!
"Sooner or later, I'll probably get what I deserve. I'll probably be dead and gone, but people will say, 'That mother was awesome.'" -Charles Barkley

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
So did you get the card or not?

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
This topic was intended solely to gauge prices for my equipment. It was not intended to advertise the stuff for sale yet. I am not going to upgrade for a few weeks, and until then I need the stuff.

So again, is $150 for the card a fair price? How about the $75 for the CPU and (possibly damaged)motherboard? If these are not fair, what would you suggest?

Thanks again.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Fair? If someone wants them.

What makes you think the mobo may be damaged and what kind of damage might it be?

....WW (5.1)

dhlucke

Polypheme
Smoke comes out the back and it occasionally shocks the cat.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Smoke comes out the back and it occasionally shocks the cat.
I'm still laughing.

<font color=red>!#&$</font color=red> :eek: ---<font color=blue><i><b>There's the facts</font color=blue> ....<font color=green> the twisted facts </font color=green>... the distorted facts</font color=blue>,...<font color=red>THEN THERE'S JOURNALISM!</font color=red></i></b>

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
What makes you think the mobo may be damaged and what kind of damage might it be?
After installing some memory at more aggressive timings (2x512 MB Patriot PC3200 XBL @2-2-2-5) I would occasionally get BSODs with memory errors. I never encountered these errors when running my previous memory (2x256MB Kingston PC3500 HyperX @ SPD). Damaged may be a harsh statement. To put it another way, I don't think the memory controller/northbridge can handle very fast memory timings.

Sounds like you need to raise the memory voltage to 2.6 or 2.7. If you check the specs of your memory it states that it will run @2/2/2/5 timings @ 2.6v or 2.7v. your motherboard defaults to 2.5v. Which undervolts your memory.

If you decide to sell it all let me know. I could use another system for those prices.

I aint signing nothing!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rick_Criswell on 05/02/05 09:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd definately like to buy it if you could deliver it (the CPU). I'll even give you $10 for fuel...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You should get $350.00 US for the works shipped. I paid $220.00 for the same card used (Retail) and sold the same CPU in December for $145.00. The board is probably OK albeit not on the top of my list.

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.