Sega teams amalgamated into one

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

quote:
SEGA Studios Amalgamated – RIP SEGA

02/06/2004
By: Chris Leyton

Diverse creative genius sacrificed as takeover plans continue to
steamroll forward…

If any further proof was needed that SEGA as we all know and love them
has finally passed away, then recent comments from Sammy president
Hajime Satomi will be enough to make fans turn blue.

During the official unveiling of SEGA-Sammy Holdings Inc. Satomi-san
commented about the state of SEGA, and took a swipe at previous
management claiming "Unfortunately, Sega has been in the red for
nearly 10 years. It would tighten things up if the members that had
directing position and representative rights took responsibility,"
whilst going on to speak about SEGA's current President with some
optimism, stating "Oguchi is still young, so he should be able to do
more things with new board members."

It has emerged that all of the seven SEGA divisions (SEGA WOW, SEGA
AM2, Hitmaker, Team Sonic, Smilebit, Amusement Vision and Digital Rex)
will be amalgamated into one, which certainly pours doubt over the
creative future of SEGA, whose diverse setup was always the main
reason behind their creativity and leaves us to ponder as to whether
you'll see anymore high-profile resignations from SEGA.

As life-long SEGA fanatic we have to feel doubtful over the future of
SEGA; quite simply this is closer to an aggressive takeover then a
merger, and after last month's comments seems to suggest that Satomi
is butchering SEGA for all they can do to promote Sammy overseas
whilst giving precious back in return to the much-loved Japanese
publisher.

We'll have more information soon.

totalvideogames.com

quote:
Sammy reveals new logo, changes at Sega

Sammy unveils its new holding company's logo, discloses that major
executive shuffle will take place inside Sega before the two firms'
merger.

See it » TOKYO--On its official site today, Sammy unveiled the logo of
its soon-to-be corporate parent, Sega Sammy Holdings. As reported
earlier last month, Sega and Sammy will merge operations in October by
becoming subsidiaries of Sega Sammy Holdings. Once the companies have
merged, Sega and Sammy's combined annual income for the fiscal year
2005 is expected to be at 501 billion yen ($4.4 billion), making it
one of the biggest game companies in Japan.

Sega Sammy Holdings will start off with a capital fund of 10 billion
yen ($91 million) and 50 employees. Board members in Sega Sammy
Holdings will consist of Sammy and Sega chairman Hajime Satomi as the
president and chairman, Sega president Hisao Oguchi as vice chairman,
and two Sammy directors as executive directors. Two directors from
Sega and one more from Sammy will also be given positions as
nonexecutive members of the board.

Major changes will also occur inside Sega's boardroom. Four of the
company's board members--everyone except Satomi, Oguchi, and Sammy
executive Yoshiharu Suzuki--will step down in October. Other,
as-yet-unidentified Sega executives will take over three of the seats,
while vice chairman Hideki Sato's seat will remain unfilled.

"Unfortunately, Sega has been in the red for nearly 10 years. It would
tighten things up if the [board] members that had directing position
and representative rights took responsibility [for Sega's downturn],"
commented Satomi during Sammy's fiscal announcements last month.
"Oguchi is still young, so he should be able to do more things with
new board members."

Prior to becoming a subsidiary of Sega Sammy Holdings, Sega will be
merging its seven subsidiaries--Sega Wow, Sega AM2, Hitmaker, Team
Sonic, Smilebit, Amusement Vision, and Digitalrex--into a single
entity.

"I feel that Sega has high individual capabilities, but it's too
separated into different subsidiaries," commented Satomi on the
remerger of Sega's subsidiaries. "Sega wasn't able to create an
overall corporate strategy or [a sense of] uniformity because of that,
which is a major reason behind the company's stagnation. Oguchi
himself has been feeling the same way. It's about time that we
returned back to the old [structure of] Sega."

When the Sega-Sammy deal was announced last month, many media outlets
painted it more as a takeover by Sammy than a merger. Under the terms
of the deal, Sammy, which already owns nearly 25 percent of Sega, will
exchange about 165 billion yen ($1.45 billion) of stock in the new
company for Sega's remaining shares. Each share of Sammy will be
swapped for one share of Sega Sammy Holdings, while each share of Sega
will be swapped for 0.28 of a share. The deal will give current Sammy
shareholders control of nearly three-quarters of the new company's
voting stock.

gamespot

quote:
Sega Studios To Be Amalgamated In Sammy Merger

Posted by simoniker on Tuesday June 01, @07:24PM
from the sonicsuzukiam2team dept.
jasoncart writes "News from Japan today informs us that the Sega-Sammy
merger is progressing apace ahead of the October completion date, with
the announcement of new appointments at the holding firm, and news
that 'Sega's seven internal divisions, including famous studios such
as AM2 and Sonic Team, will be amalgamated ahead of the merger.' Sammy
boss Hajime Satomi argues: 'I feel that Sega has high individual
capabilities, but it's too separated into different subsidiaries...
It's about time that we returned back to the old Sega' - there's also
a new company logo for the holding company. At a time of great change
for Sega, the only thing now certain is this great shift, with which
Sammy aims to push Sega back into profitability."

slashdot

blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
all know I wouldn't make it up.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

<Enormous snip>

> blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
> all know I wouldn't make it up.

Please post up the urls rather than simply cutting and pasting from which
ever website you're getting the news from. Like a lot of other people, I
prefer posts to be short and to get the info direct from the source.

Lord Deckard

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

"Lord Deckard" <deckard(nospam)1998@(dontspamme)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:40be5e84$0$20517$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> <Enormous snip>
> >
> > blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
> > all know I wouldn't make it up.
>
> Please post up the urls rather than simply cutting and pasting from which
> ever website you're getting the news from. Like a lot of other people, I
> prefer posts to be short and to get the info direct from the source.
>
> Lord Deckard

And others, such as myself, would perfer the article being posted in full
text, so Google can crawl it and archive it forever.

--
goodcow
goodcowfilms.com

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Phillip Roncoroni wrote:

> "Lord Deckard" <deckard(nospam)1998@(dontspamme)hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:40be5e84$0$20517$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> > <Enormous snip>
> > >
> > > blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
> > > all know I wouldn't make it up.
> >
> > Please post up the urls rather than simply cutting and pasting from which
> > ever website you're getting the news from. Like a lot of other people, I
> > prefer posts to be short and to get the info direct from the source.
> >
> > Lord Deckard
> >

> And others, such as myself, would perfer the article being posted in full
> text, so Google can crawl it and archive it forever.

There are sometimes issues of fairness to places providing news when you
post their content, but certainly anyone posting someone's news content
should post the link as well, and do that before the text.

alex

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

I dont care either or.... because I dont read the whole thing... just the
subject :)

R420 <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote:
>blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
>all know I wouldn't make it up.

Lame. As if it's all that much "bother" to cut and paste a few
URLs on top of all this copying you're *already* doing.

--
"The invasion of Iraq failed to meet the test for a humanitarian
intervention." - Ken Roth, Human Rights Watch

In article <40be5e84$0$20517$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "Lord Deckard" <deckard(nospam)1998@(dontspamme)hotmail.com> wrote:
><Enormous snip>
>>
>> blah..i'm not gonna bother posting the exact urls for this stuff, you
>> all know I wouldn't make it up.
>
>Please post up the urls rather than simply cutting and pasting from which
>ever website you're getting the news from. Like a lot of other people, I
>prefer posts to be short and to get the info direct from the source.
>
>Lord Deckard

And I prefer not having to load up an overbloated browser wehn my 500k
newsreader works just fine to read the info he posts.

Eric

dekay

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 02 Jun
2004 23:36:20 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.games.video.dreamcast, yawatina tan reek esk "Phillip Roncoroni"
<wocdoog@nospam.verizon.net> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>And others, such as myself, would perfer the article being posted in full
>text, so Google can crawl it and archive it forever.

And others, such as myself, read game news sites anyway and don't want this
copy-and-paste monkey posting these "articles" to the groups - especially with
all the crossposts.

(fus set)

deKay
--