Is anyone using the Konia Minolta A200 ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 9, 2005 3:11:16 AM

I would like to hear your opinions about this camera.

I like its specs very much, but how is it in "real life"??

-=Rob

More about : konia minolta a200

April 9, 2005 10:21:13 PM

Rob Weekhout wrote:
> I would like to hear your opinions about this camera.
>
> I like its specs very much, but how is it in "real life"??
>
> -=Rob

I have been using one for a few months and so far have been quite
impressed by its all round capability. I need to use it a lot more and
various events this Spring and Summer will put it through its paces. So
far early results are very good. Very well specced camera and is a
delight to hold and use with the layout and features. One problem though
is the on.off button aligned behind the shoot button which means on
occasions I have turned the thing off instead of taking the shot! In
fairness however the on/off button has the selector ring around it and I
should have noticed it.

I wanted a DSLR originally but this met my needs a lot better. Not a pro
but wanting good long range sports shots of my kids on horses and decent
portraits/landscapes. The A200 allows creativeness as well with A and M
modes. Feature wise its not so different from SLR. The lens covers most
things well ( 28-200 ) and I have the Tcon 1.7 teleconverter ready for
the shows. Much nicer to carry than a SLR and a bag of lenses!

Far better value than the A2, some features left out but some more
useful ones added in like the tilting LCD. Cant fault it so far it was
used in anger at a recent family event and gave me back very good
results though I do accept I'm still getting to know it.

HTH

--
Anti-Spam Trap In Use:
To Reply Remove "REMOVE" :