Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I built a computer.... How much is it worth.

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 6, 2011 6:38:47 PM

How much could I sell this build for.....
I built it and now I really need some money. Also it hasnt been used, it doesnt even have a OS on it.

Lite-On DvD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Xion Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OCZ Vertex2 60GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Gigabyte 6950 1GB Ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Diablo UL Series 575W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Wintec 1600 DDR3 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AsRock Z68 6GB/s Sata USB3.0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel 2500k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Would it be worth more if I installed the OS or left it bare bones.



More about : built computer worth

a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2011 7:43:51 PM

I tried something like this, even got most of the parts well below retail price and the system was brand new and I still lost a lot of money. I hope you do well man but don't get your hopes up.
m
0
l
October 6, 2011 8:06:55 PM

that psu is really bad quality :(  but im pretty sure you cant sell it for more then you bought it :p 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 6, 2011 8:08:04 PM

Building and selling computers is only worth it if you build tens of them, to get bulk discounts with retailers. Although you need money, you will lose some.

It's always worth more if you ship it with an OS. Try putting Win7 Home Premium in it (it's too god of a build for a Starter :)  ).
Share
October 7, 2011 2:35:38 PM

Thank you guys for the replys. I didnt know if I could expect to recoup the money or not. And yes I know the PSU was a bad choice but they was pretty much giving it away. I think ill slap 1000$ on it and see if someone atleast calls me on it.......
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:39:53 PM

joey532 said:
Thank you guys for the replys. I didnt know if I could expect to recoup the money or not. And yes I know the PSU was a bad choice but they was pretty much giving it away. I think ill slap 1000$ on it and see if someone atleast calls me on it.......


Brother I may be wrong but the sum of the components you posted is $870. So, the most you can get on it is $850, and that if you ship with an OS.

Sorry to disappoint you though :( 
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:45:29 PM

mrmaia said:
Brother I may be wrong but the sum of the components you posted is $870. So, the most you can get on it is $850, and that if you ship with an OS.

Sorry to disappoint you though :( 


Well I got win 7 pro copy around here some where. I dont mind to haggle and I will make sure in the ad that people know that. I found a little doe to keep me going for a while so its all good if it sits here for a bit.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:46:56 PM

Best bet is to get it to 65% of the original.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:55:00 PM

joey532 said:
Well I got win 7 pro copy around here some where. I dont mind to haggle and I will make sure in the ad that people know that. I found a little doe to keep me going for a while so its all good if it sits here for a bit.


If you can wait it's fine, but I don't think people will pay that much for a Win7 copy. Don't forget to ad it as a gaming station :D 

cutebeans said:
Best bet is to get it to 65% of the original.


No way, this is too low. OP said he didn't even touched the computer.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:55:24 PM

Thanks to all for the replies.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:57:09 PM

mrmaia said:
If you can wait it's fine, but I don't think people will pay that much for a Win7 copy. Don't forget to ad it as a gaming station :D 



No way, this is too low. OP said he didn't even touched the computer.


I was thinking the same thing my self but I try not to sound like Im not thankful for the replies lol.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 2:59:02 PM

joey532 said:
I was thinking the same thing my self but I try not to sound like Im not thankful for the replies lol.


Good luck on your selling! If you get the $1k please let us know.
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 3:01:09 PM

mrmaia said:
Good luck on your selling! If you get the $1k please let us know.



Sure will. I regret that power supply more now that im gonna have to try and sell it.....
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 3:01:52 PM

Best answer selected by joey532.
m
0
l
!