Thunderbolt pci express expansion card

D3AD

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hi, everybody
i bought an ASRock Z77extreme6 motherboard 5 months ago with an i7,2600k processor . my mobo consists of usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports along with d-sub, DVI , displayport and HDMI it doesnt have any thunderbolt port on it .just amonth or back ASRock has launched its thunderbolt powered motherboards now because my mobo dont have this advantage and i m pretty budget binded too so i cant replace my motherboard now. i just want to knew are there any
"THUNDERBOLT PCI EXPRESS CARDS" avilable in the market so that i can buy one and use it with my current mobo.
is thunderbolt compatible with windows7 ultimate 64 bit or it needs windows 8... kindly help me
thanks in advance !!!

following are my system specs: (windows7 ultimate64 bit)
i7,2600k , ASRock Z77extreme6 , 8gb-1333mhz kingston RAM, hyper212evo, coolermaster silent pro 600, Antec 600se ,seagate 500 GB 16mb cache, samsung DVD

lucidite

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi D3AD,

There aren't a large amount of PCI-E Thunderbolt cards available as yet, the production seems to be rather slow thus far.

[strike]However, there is an ASUS offering announced but I have no idea of it's availability; you can read about it here http://bit.ly/MfhZrU.[/strike]

Hope that helped :)

Matt.

EDIT: apologies, just realiase that's restricted to ASUS motherboards :(.