Using a Bluetooth Headset with SP2????

Last response: in Technologies
Share
September 16, 2004 5:21:47 AM

I have a Plantronics 3100 headset and a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle does anyone
have any suggestion as to how I can get these two devices to work under XP
SP2???

I've tried:
Installing the Belkin setup program after loading SP2.
After installing SP2, I plug in the Belkin using the default MS Driver for
the Belkin Adapter.
After #2 I update the MS Belkin driver to Belkin driver that comes with the
dongle.

In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works, but
I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
system tray.

Does anyone have any suggestions????

FYI - SystemWorks 2004 Ghost doesn't work with SP2 either.
CES

More about : bluetooth headset sp2

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:43:14 AM

Well Been there and failed to get SP2 to work with the headset profiles,
eventually I used a second PC with the BT Dongle running Win2000 and the
Widcomm software. Until MS fix the BT support for headsets I'm guessing
we're stuck.

Basically I'd suggest using the Widcomm software and stick with Win XP SP1
untill MS sort it out.

>I have a Plantronics 3100 headset and a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle does anyone
> have any suggestion as to how I can get these two devices to work under XP
> SP2???
>
> I've tried:
> Installing the Belkin setup program after loading SP2.
> After installing SP2, I plug in the Belkin using the default MS Driver for
> the Belkin Adapter.
> After #2 I update the MS Belkin driver to Belkin driver that comes with
> the
> dongle.
>
> In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works,
> but
> I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
> system tray.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions????
>
> FYI - SystemWorks 2004 Ghost doesn't work with SP2 either.
> CES
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:57:16 AM

CES schrieb:

> In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works, but
> I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
> system tray.

Does Microsoft Bluetooth support any "common" Bluetooth profiles?

As far as I know they started with the HID (Mouse, keyboard) profiles
and a few other which NO KNOWN Bluetooth devices support. Maybe this has
changed with SP2?

Wolfgang
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 2:19:56 PM

"Wolfgang Barth" <barthwo@spamfence.net> wrote in message
> CES schrieb:
>>
>> In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works,
>> but
>> I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
>> system tray.
>>
> Does Microsoft Bluetooth support any "common" Bluetooth profiles?
>
> As far as I know they started with the HID (Mouse, keyboard) profiles and
> a few other which NO KNOWN Bluetooth devices support. Maybe this has
> changed with SP2?
>
> Wolfgang

The SP2 stack supports LAP (client), and other profiles now:

Headset is not in the list though. My suggestion is to stick to the proven
widcomm software when upgrading to SP2.