Using a Bluetooth Headset with SP2????

I have a Plantronics 3100 headset and a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle does anyone
have any suggestion as to how I can get these two devices to work under XP
SP2???

I've tried:
Installing the Belkin setup program after loading SP2.
After installing SP2, I plug in the Belkin using the default MS Driver for
the Belkin Adapter.
After #2 I update the MS Belkin driver to Belkin driver that comes with the
dongle.

In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works, but
I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
system tray.

Does anyone have any suggestions????

FYI - SystemWorks 2004 Ghost doesn't work with SP2 either.
CES
3 answers Last reply
More about using bluetooth headset

    Well Been there and failed to get SP2 to work with the headset profiles,
    eventually I used a second PC with the BT Dongle running Win2000 and the
    Widcomm software. Until MS fix the BT support for headsets I'm guessing
    we're stuck.

    Basically I'd suggest using the Widcomm software and stick with Win XP SP1
    untill MS sort it out.

    CES schrieb:

    > In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works, but
    > I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
    > system tray.

    Does Microsoft Bluetooth support any "common" Bluetooth profiles?

    As far as I know they started with the HID (Mouse, keyboard) profiles
    and a few other which NO KNOWN Bluetooth devices support. Maybe this has
    changed with SP2?

    Wolfgang
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Wolfgang Barth" <barthwo@spamfence.net> wrote in message
    > CES schrieb:
    >>
    >> In every case The devices pairs properly, and my Bluetooth mouse works,
    >> but
    >> I still can't see any services when I click on the Bluetooth icon in the
    >> system tray.
    >>
    > Does Microsoft Bluetooth support any "common" Bluetooth profiles?
    >
    > As far as I know they started with the HID (Mouse, keyboard) profiles and
    > a few other which NO KNOWN Bluetooth devices support. Maybe this has
    > changed with SP2?
    >
    > Wolfgang

    The SP2 stack supports LAP (client), and other profiles now:

    Headset is not in the list though. My suggestion is to stick to the proven
    widcomm software when upgrading to SP2.

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Belkin