Jul 10, 2011
So, before I start is are my specs:

Motherboard - M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
RAM - Corsair Vengeance x2 4gb CMZGX3M1A1600C9
CPU - AMD 1090T x6 3.2ghz
PSU - OCZ 700w Stealth Quiet 2
HDD - Seagate 500gb
GPU - Radeon HD 5770 1gb Sapphire

My problem is I just added the second stick to my computer. Before I turned it off and unplugged it, then took the ram out so I could go to the store to match it exactly. I came home and placed the ram in while still unplugged. I then turned the computer on and it didn't even post the BIOS. So here is what I did so far.

Reset the CMOS
Took the computer entirely apart and put it back together
Held down the MEM OK button it flashed a few times then held red
I ran the board with CPU PSU and RAM only in it and got no post from the motherboard.
I tried the DVI, HDMI and VGA.
I have tried all the ram slots with different types of ram and with original ram and still no post.
I have tried a different PSU and still nothing.

The only thing I havent checked is the CPU, I dont have another AM3 socket to test it with but I highly doubt it.

I have called ASUS and they apparently blame the RAM but I rather some better expert opinions any ideas?

Solution
Install just one RAM module in slot #1 and start the computer. If everything is fine, remove that RAM module and install the other RAM module in slot #1 and start the computer.

Check each RAM module one at a time. This will tell you if both the RAM modules are good.

If both work, then install both RAM modules and make sure that they are seated well. Start the computer.
Install just one RAM module in slot #1 and start the computer. If everything is fine, remove that RAM module and install the other RAM module in slot #1 and start the computer.

Check each RAM module one at a time. This will tell you if both the RAM modules are good.

If both work, then install both RAM modules and make sure that they are seated well. Start the computer.

Solution