Asus flashback

psxdadz

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
i press the usb bios flashback button- it flashes for 5 seconds and turns stable. i renamed the file to Z77ST, used a FAT32 usb stick and have SB power on and the PC is off. What do you think is wrong?

cl-scott

Honorable
Probably the easiest thing to do here is have you look at the Flashback guide we have, and then you can potentially figure out where things are going wrong and correct them. If you're doing everything exactly as described, and it's still not working, then let me know your exact model motherboard, as well as exactly what happens at each step, and I'll take it over to some of the people who specialize in motherboards.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

psxdadz

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Thanks for quick reply
yes done everything as described format dos32 machine turned off green light on motherboard on, bios renamed with app to Z77ST.CAP, i have tried different usb sticks no luck , also tried unplugging sata devices no luck usb is in the correct slot as it is clearly marked pressed the bios button untill it starts flashing it reads the usb stick for about 5 seconds the blue light on button stays on and thats it. the bios downloaded from asus is ok because when i try to update in ezflash its reads off the same memory stick and updates ok, is my flash back faulty or am i doing something wrong. My board is the Sabertooth z77, theirs a number on the box MG1266U-C. I am using a intel i7 2600k not over clocked, 8MB of mushkin memory 1600 2x4, I am now at latest bios 1616 flash back still not working and it didn't work in previous bios, Thanks if you can help

cl-scott

Honorable

I've been talking about this a little with one of our components people, and basically it seems like there's a part of the story that's missing here, like why you are trying to use the flashback function when you already say you managed to upgrade to the latest BIOS revision.

Also, I want to make sure that you are putting the Z77ST.CAP file in the root of the drive, not any sort of subfolder or anything like that.

psxdadz

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Thanks for the reply
yes its in the root dir
yes i have updated using ezflash but i want to make sure everything is working and the idea of the flashback is if one day i have a problem and i can't get into bios startup i can use flashback to reflash bios thanks

psxdadz

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
yes its in the root dir
yes i have updated using ezflash but i want to make sure everything is working and the idea of the flashback is if one day i have a problem and i can't get into bios startup i can use flashback to reflash bios thanks

i have that mb.make sure your not turning the mb on when you try the flashback.you have to have the main power button off on the mb. (no post) and just have standby power on. you also have to have the usb stick in the usb port that says usb flash back.
(the blue bottom usb port under the ethernet port) the bottom port). the flasback light should change it blinking pattern when it reads the usb stick. if you changed a setting and hung the mb try using the clear cmos jumper then trying to use the usb flashback port.

psxdadz

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hi thanks for your help but I have done everything to the book but no luck not tried clearing the CMOS, but everything is working apart from flashback

TRENDING THREADS