How to test if my GPU is going bad??

Al Capwn069

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I've recently run into problems with my computer crashing in the middle of me playing games. I'm running two Gigabyte Gtx 560 ti graphics cards. I've tested each individual graphic card by itself and had no problems. I then tried each card by itself in the second GPU slot on my mobo, still no problems. But if I have both cards in at the same time, it's completely different. Card #1 works if I disable my SLI and run it with just the one card, but Card #2 by itself when both cards are in crashes the comp during games. As does running the cards in SLI. So as it stands I can use either card by itself, or card #1 when both cards are in with SLI disabled. I've never encountered or heard of a problem like this. Does anyone have any solutions or things I should try to get my comp up and working in SLI? I've tried everything I know how to do. Thanks. Here are my specs.

Asus P8P67 mobo B3 revision
Dual Gigabyte GTX 560 ti SOC - tuned down from 950 mhz to 900 mhz per card
8gb G-skill DDR3 RAM
Seasonic x-series 750w PSU
Running Windows 7 64-bit

But what position is the switch in? I have the same mobo and the other day I replaced the RAM with some 1866mhz sticks and had no end of problems trying to get the rig to boot until I flicked the switch into the down position, so have a play with that and if need be you might want to experiment with the TPU switch as well although I haven't fiddled with that myself.