SaberTooth P67 Motherboard
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair XMS3 8gb ram (2x4gb)
XFX HD 6970 2gb
Corsair H80 Cpu cooler
Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w
WD cavier black HDD
Lite on dvd drive

My first build in 6 years after getting out of computers, everything is new and is working great except that i notice that it takes about 1 second for the computer to turn on after i press the power button, so there this is 1 second delay from the time i take my finger off the power button and the computer turning on. I have the idea that the computer should be on instantly after the power button is pressed/ or when i take my finger off the button after pressing it. Any Ideas?

I had a p8p67 evo board before but i returned due to it having a non working board reset switch, but it had the same issue i was describing.

AyWayWay

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Thanks for the replies, the 1 second does not bother me as long as everything is working is suppose to be. Everything is plugged in correctly, i haven contacted asus support but i'll make sure too. thanks

ddemon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
i have a p8z68 pro and it has a little pause on start too, has been doing it the entire couple of months i've had it running and there seems to be no further problems associated.