Asus p8b75m - le Enter setup to recover the BIOS

pfportes

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
hello guys,

I bought last week here in brazil a mobo asus p8b75m- le and i had some troubles.
just for information, if it's necessary (intel i7 3440, 2 x 8gb memory corsair 1600 mhz, electrical souce mymax 600 w)
first of all, every time i switch on my voltage stabilizer, the pc turn on togheter, it's not necessary to press the I/O button and when i see, it's working or almost...
if i switch the voltage stabilizer off, for exemple when i'm at work, when a turn on the computer i have always the message: Enter setup to recover the BIOS.
i did the 2 latest updates (0703 and 0803) from asus site and the problem continues...
i changed the battery, i still have the same problem.
if anyone could help me, i'd thank you.

Hi, If you don't use the stabilizer and plug the cord directly in a wall socket, do you get he same behavior?
Is it a stabilizer, or an UPS? What if you disconnect the power and the reset switches from the motherboard and then plug the cord?

pfportes

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Absolutely, if i plug the cord directly i have the same behavior.
It's just a stabilizer, it's not an UPS.
I changed the jumper to position 2-3 (Reset CMOS), took the battery out during one whole day...
When i changed back the jumper and put the battery, i entered Setup, made some changes and saved them.
so while the stabilizer is on (or it's plugged directly to the wall socket) i have no problems when restarting it, the changes i did in Setup keep saved.
but when i put the stabilizer off, and the led on the motherboard also get off, i put the computer on and the message appears again (Enter setup to restore the BIOS) and all the changes i did in Setup before, are lost.
Only the clock remains... (I also tried to change the battery, no success, the problem continues)
Thank you for helping...