Sapphire MB & Phenom II X4 Question

dimid99

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

I bought this Sapphire motherboard http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=361&sgid=588&pid=1116&psn=&lid=1&leg=0 about a year ago along with an AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz CPU.
I want to upgrade my cpu to a quad core, and I am thinking about the AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHZ Quad Core Black Box Edition.

Now, the manufacturer's website states that (see link above)
The Sapphire PURE Innovation 760G AM3 is designed for AMD new Phenom II™ / Athlon II™ AM3 true quad-core/ triple-core/ dual-core processors...
, however, despite my efforts to confirm that this motherboard provides the 125W TDP required for this processor to work at optimal condition, I am not sure that it does. I can't find any info about its TDP at all. From what I gather from AMD, the various Phenom II X4 models range from 65W up to 140W, so the info given by Sapphire in this case is extremely limited.

Has anyone here tested this motherboard with this cpu or any other Phenom II X4? if not, is there a way for me to find out what the motherboard's max TDP is? I tried CPU-Z but unfortunately it only states the Max TDP of the processor and not the motherboard.

I suppose some of you would propose I buy a motherboard as well with my new cpu, but I can't spare the cash atm.

Any info or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.