Display Drivers have stopped responding and successfully recovered.

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my graphic card. I am using MSI Radeon HD 5670 DDR5 GPU. In the begining it was working fine but it was slow because my power supply was weak. I changed my Motherboard, RAM and PSU and since then I am unable to play games comfortably. My Games freeze then the screens goes black and then again a frozen game screen comes after that i get an error message (this happens two three times and then game returns back to normal):

"Display drivers have stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Some times this error repeats several times during game play.

When I removed my GPU. The error was gone and every thing was normal. One of My friend is using suffire HD 5670.So, i placed my GPU in his computer and it did not show any display on his system. When i placed the gpu back in my system it showed the Display. However, i again started receiving the error.

I tried every thing like: removing, driver, updating chipset drivers, clean install of OS etc but the issue was not resolved.

My System Configuration is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHZ
Mother Board: ASUS P5G41T-M LX3
RAM: Simtronics 2GB 1333GHZ
Power Supply: Cooler Master: Elite Power 400W dual +12V railing each with 16 AMP of current.

Guys!!!!!! please help me out, i am now tired of this issue.
1 answer Last reply
More about display drivers stopped responding successfully recovered
  1. For me 16A on the 12V rail is very low. Hell even my 305W Dell PSU sustained 18A and I personally beleive that your card requires more than that to function.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Displays