Sign in with
Your question

Display Drivers have stopped responding and successfully recovered.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 6, 2011 3:19:46 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my graphic card. I am using MSI Radeon HD 5670 DDR5 GPU. In the begining it was working fine but it was slow because my power supply was weak. I changed my Motherboard, RAM and PSU and since then I am unable to play games comfortably. My Games freeze then the screens goes black and then again a frozen game screen comes after that i get an error message (this happens two three times and then game returns back to normal):

"Display drivers have stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Some times this error repeats several times during game play.

When I removed my GPU. The error was gone and every thing was normal. One of My friend is using suffire HD 5670.So, i placed my GPU in his computer and it did not show any display on his system. When i placed the gpu back in my system it showed the Display. However, i again started receiving the error.

I tried every thing like: removing, driver, updating chipset drivers, clean install of OS etc but the issue was not resolved.

My System Configuration is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHZ
Mother Board: ASUS P5G41T-M LX3
RAM: Simtronics 2GB 1333GHZ
Power Supply: Cooler Master: Elite Power 400W dual +12V railing each with 16 AMP of current.

Guys!!!!!! please help me out, i am now tired of this issue.
August 7, 2011 11:56:32 AM

For me 16A on the 12V rail is very low. Hell even my 305W Dell PSU sustained 18A and I personally beleive that your card requires more than that to function.
!