Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 6, 2011 4:33:01 AM

Hi everyone

I want to buy a new high performance graphics card for my gaming requirements.Currently I've a AMD 6870 which is also good but I want to switch in to nVidia because i want to buy a 3D monitor also and for AMD no great vendor for 3D monitors are available.According to my budget i can go for both 580 and 590 but confused in vendors which is better.
I like ASUS Matrix GTX 580 but it not available in my region.So please provide a competitive of Matrix.
I also want to know that how much its effect to buy a high memory(higher than 1.5 GB) graphics card as compare to lower 1.5GB when i'm going for 580 and 590?

3D Monitor:I want to buy a big screen(27" to 32") 3D monitor which is perfect for this GPU.I'm confused which is better to buy a single monitor or two small monitors(22 or 23").
Please help me to buy a best GPU and 3D monitor.

Thanks.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 6, 2011 4:50:44 AM

I don't know too much about 3d Vision, but I can address the issue of the graphics cards. The GTX 590 is much more powerful than the GTX580-- it's two underclocked GTX 580s on one board. I seem to recall (please, someone with real knowledge on the subject, correct me) there being something about SLI setups optimizing 3d Vision. If this is the case, then the 590 is the clear winner, plenty of processing power, SLI on a card, done deal. There is no such thing as a GTX 580/590 with 1GB of VRAM or less, the standard for the 580 is 1.5GB and the standard for the 590 is 3GB. (2x 580) There are also 3GB versions of the GTX 580.
Score
August 6, 2011 5:03:16 AM

Yeah i know 590 is a dual GPU unit and obvious provide high performance as compare to 580 but with this high performance there is some disadvantages also like high tempt and noise.Noise is a big factor.
And really a game can complete utilization of such a dual GPU unit.I don't think so.
Score
Related resources
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 6, 2011 5:11:07 AM

If you are gaming on a single screen then a GTX 580 should be more than enough. Gaming on 2 monitor's does not tend to work well; usually it is either 1 or 3 monitors. With an even number of monitors you would have a separation down the middle of the screen.
Score
August 6, 2011 5:16:40 AM

jyjjy said:
If you are gaming on a single screen then a GTX 580 should be more than enough. Gaming on 2 monitor's does not tend to work well; usually it is either 1 or 3 monitors. With an even number of monitors you would have a separation down the middle of the screen.

Okay thanks about this information about multiple display.You say two display are not good so its better for me to go for a single large display because now its difficult for me to buy three 3D monitors.
Score
August 6, 2011 6:09:38 AM

hi vishal
my suggestion to you
1) if u don't need 3d set up i can recommend u the ati 6950 or 6970 or the crossfire setup of 6950s according to your budget . Both the ati cards scale much more better than their nvidia counterpart in dual gpu mode (i.e sli or crossfire mode) even overclocked 2gb versions of 6950s in crossfire score more than the costlier nvidia 590 in most games. And u can get eyefinity multi monitor set up.
2)for ur display u can buy a 27inch IPS monitor of 120 HZ refresh rate which will give u a nice gaming experience in 120 hz IPS monitor gaming and movies feel better than 3d . i have dell 27'' ultrasharp IPS display the resolution is ultrahd (2,560 x 1,440) and the color is so nice than other monitors
3)if u need 3d u can buy nvidia 580 or dual 570s in sli .there the best if u need 3d for gaming
4)for 3d monitor u can consider the asus vg278h 120 hz and 3D or 23" Alienware AW2310 they are both 3d and good in the market
Score
August 6, 2011 9:33:11 AM

uniquegamer said:
hi vishal
my suggestion to you
1) if u don't need 3d set up i can recommend u the ati 6950 or 6970 or the crossfire setup of 6950s according to your budget . Both the ati cards scale much more better than their nvidia counterpart in dual gpu mode (i.e sli or crossfire mode) even overclocked 2gb versions of 6950s in crossfire score more than the costlier nvidia 590 in most games. And u can get eyefinity multi monitor set up.
2)for ur display u can buy a 27inch IPS monitor of 120 HZ refresh rate which will give u a nice gaming experience in 120 hz IPS monitor gaming and movies feel better than 3d . i have dell 27'' ultrasharp IPS display the resolution is ultrahd (2,560 x 1,440) and the color is so nice than other monitors
3)if u need 3d u can buy nvidia 580 or dual 570s in sli .there the best if u need 3d for gaming
4)for 3d monitor u can consider the asus vg278h 120 hz and 3D or 23" Alienware AW2310 they are both 3d and good in the market

Thanks for your suggestion:
As mentioned I already have AMD 6870 GPU and happy with my AMD experience of 6 years but now I want a 3D monitor for 3D gaming (its essential) and its the only one reason that i'm going for nVidia (when I've never try any nVidia GPU).
So if any 27" 3D monitor like ASUS and Alienware(I'm currently using Alienware AW2210) vendor for AMD HD3D then obviously i'll go for AMD.

Please provide a link for ASUS vg278h.
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 6, 2011 6:40:56 PM

I Would recommend waiting for ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Mars II which is way better than GTx 590 and is also better than 6990 at a price range of $1000... ASUS Matrix GTX 580 will be the next top high end or the best card on the market when it's released, nothing would defeat it for awhile...
Score
August 7, 2011 6:59:50 AM

legendkiller said:
I Would recommend waiting for ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Mars II which is way better than GTx 590 and is also better than 6990 at a price range of $1000... ASUS Matrix GTX 580 will be the next top high end or the best card on the market when it's released, nothing would defeat it for awhile...

ASUS Matrix GTX 580 is available in market now in UK and US but MARS II is not it will be available with in few months.MARS II is a huge dual GPU unit which is a performance beast and obvious at higher price as compare to other.
I think now there is only one option for me is MATRIX and i'll try to import it from UK.
Score
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 7, 2011 7:02:19 AM

Just SLI two cards. There is no real point to getting a double GPU card that is even more expensive.
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 12:07:27 AM

I Don't recommend getting the "All in one" WaterCooling because you never know if the pump would fail, if it fail, your GPU would probably blow up or water would boil and probably cause leaks... I Recommend getting "FAN" than All in One watercooling...
@jyjjy I would still get the Mars II because it'll get better cooling(Cools better)+Saves space for another one for SLI or another one instead of 4 Video Card vs 2 video card
Score
August 8, 2011 1:33:20 AM

legendkiller said:
I Don't recommend getting the "All in one" WaterCooling because you never know if the pump would fail, if it fail, your GPU would probably blow up or water would boil and probably cause leaks... I Recommend getting "FAN" than All in One watercooling...
@jyjjy I would still get the Mars II because it'll get better cooling(Cools better)+Saves space for another one for SLI or another one instead of 4 Video Card vs 2 video card

Thanks for your suggestion.
Yeah its possible that cooler becomes fail but I think in rare case apart from this I think this liquid cooler also advantages like Corsair H50 and H70 cooler that is more cool as compare to air coolers and specially low noise.

Well about MARS II it will come later in either end of 2011 or in 2012 so its not possible that I'll go for MARS II.I have another question about MARS II its form factor is extra large will its support a full tower chassis like HAF 932.
Score
August 8, 2011 1:56:02 AM

jyjjy said:
Just SLI two cards. There is no real point to getting a double GPU card that is even more expensive.

Yeah you are right personally I also don't like dual GPU unit because as you say extra cost and high tempt and noise.Its perfect to go for a single 580 now for a single 27" 3D monitor and later when I'll buy another Monitor then I'll buy another one.

Well but now please suggest me a best vendor for 580.
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 2:06:52 AM

vishal s said:

There's no answer to which brand name is better or good... It's what you like or prefer, it's kinda like Intel VS AMD but just more brand names... I'd go with Asus Matrix but it got 3 slot so i'd go with Evga but I also like the design or look of Zotac's videocard(Not the Water cool one)... If you got like lots of slot like 6-8 than get like 4 of those zotac 580s water cooled one and do 4 ways SLI and another 4 way SLI LOL, JK, not even 1 PSU can handle it but 2 PSU can...
Score
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 2:49:05 AM

vishal s said:
I would either go with a MSI Twin Frozr model or the Asus DirectCU II. The DirectCU II is a three slot card so make sure your motherboard has enough room between PCI-E x16 slots to handle two of them if you are going to SLI in the future. In general you'll want to have an extra slot even between the cards so there's room for the top card to get some air rather than the fan being blocked with the back of the second card right below it.
Score
August 8, 2011 2:52:31 AM

legendkiller said:
There's no answer to which brand name is better or good... It's what you like or prefer, it's kinda like Intel VS AMD but just more brand names... I'd go with Asus Matrix but it got 3 slot so i'd go with Evga but I also like the design or look of Zotac's videocard(Not the Water cool one)... If you got like lots of slot like 6-8 than get like 4 of those zotac 580s water cooled one and do 4 ways SLI and another 4 way SLI LOL, JK, not even 1 PSU can handle it but 2 PSU can...

I have Rampage III Extreme motherboard so its 3way.
And I think there is no any such a requirement of dual or triple GPU in SLI,a single 580 like Matrix is perfect for gaming,am i right?

So what you say its right to go for Matrix and deliver an order.

If you have another option then please suggest me.

Really there is any ASUS VG278H is available if yes the please provide me a link.

Thanks
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 5:16:10 AM

Also, if you just want "3D Display", This monitor is perfect for you and I Would recommend this because you dont need a graphic card to do all the work!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
You can get a cheaper one but smaller size:

EDIT: I Found a video that's tells all about it and why you need it!...
http://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom#p/u/1/A1q-_LepAdQ
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 8:25:35 AM

I believe any 120hz monitor can be used for Nvidia's 3D Vision.
Score
August 8, 2011 8:49:42 AM

legendkiller said:
Also, if you just want "3D Display", This monitor is perfect for you and I Would recommend this because you dont need a graphic card to do all the work!
You can get a cheaper one but smaller size:

EDIT: I Found a video that's tells all about it and why you need it!...
http://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom#p/u/1/A1q-_LepAdQ

Thanks Lagenkiller

Samsung S27A950D is really a cool monitor,yeah its price is also little high but I'll try to expand my budget because its stylish,powerful and most importantly its panel is sleek which is also good for multi display in future.I think its a best 3D monitor is available now.

Its support AMD HD3D technology now what you say about GPU.I'm confused after watching this clip.

And thanks again for this nice and informative video :) 
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 8, 2011 4:50:47 PM

vishal s said:
Its support AMD HD3D technology now what you say about GPU.I'm confused after watching this clip.

It does support any and even integrated video can work... The monitor got a built in 3D converter which will convert anything that can be in 3D which is mostly everything lol... You can put this monitor on any or even on millions of graphic card and it can still be in 3D because the Built in 3D converter in in the monitor and it's also a LED so it's totally an awesome monitor because it got nearly everything on it 3D+120Hz+2MS+3D Glasses+LED+Support for any computer/videocard+onboard(onboard will lag when playing games in 1080p)...
Score
October 11, 2011 1:02:01 PM

Best answer selected by vishal s.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 11, 2011 6:35:22 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!