Sign in with
Your question

What cooler?

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2012 10:38:35 PM

Hi i was wondering if any of you had any info on the best cooler to get for my setup?

Gigabyte P55-US3L

INTEL CORE i5 750

8G,G.SKILL RIPJAWS 1600

XFX HD 6850 1GB

2X2TB CAVIAR GREEN

CORSAIR VX 450 PSU

NZXT GAMMA CASE

Now i was looking at the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus and the Corsair Air Series A70 but wanted to be sure that they would fit into my case, looking at some pics they look like they would overhang the ram slots any help would be appreciated and also any other ideas on the cooling front too, thanks

More about : cooler

a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2012 10:43:21 PM

is there a budget, and even if they overhang the ram slots, it really dosent effect it that much(if at all)

and it should fit a hyper 212
January 7, 2012 9:08:20 AM

Hi thanks for the quick reply, yes my budget is about £40 and when i said over hang the slot, i meant as in not being able to have a stick in the end socket, are you saying it wont affect it?
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2012 9:26:18 AM

whites32 said:
Hi thanks for the quick reply, yes my budget is about £40 and when i said over hang the slot, i meant as in not being able to have a stick in the end socket, are you saying it wont affect it?

Hi :) 

It really does depend on the size/dimensions of the cooler and the motherboard you have, the only way to be sure is to measure the mobo space between the cpu and the first slot, but to answer your last question directly, yes you could easily lose the last slot, and by lose I mean NOT be able to have a stick of ram in it...

All the best Brett :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2012 5:35:45 PM

whites32 said:

it actually can depend on your ram, somthing like the vengance series from corsair is a "high profile" ram
http://www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=18036
by the look of that image you should have no issue though
a c 274 ) Power supply
January 7, 2012 5:52:52 PM

You'll be fine with either cooler and Ripjaws.
I own both those coolers and have them mounted on 1156 boards with 4 sticks of Ripjaws.
All you'll have to do is slide the dimm side fan up a tad.
Those coolers will fit in your case too.
Worst scenario is you might have to lose the side fan.
January 7, 2012 8:36:58 PM

Nah to be honest i dont realky know where to start amd my system handles everything i built it for with ease. but pointers or guidance would always be greatly appreciated.
!