Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GPU PSU Help!!! with 140 IQ+ people only

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2011 9:18:11 AM

Hi
What's the name of your power supply? I'll comment and explain the UPS once we are done with PSU
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2011 5:48:24 PM

Speaking of IQ.....how could someone answer your question when you haven't even told us what parts are in your computer? lol
Score
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2011 5:57:15 PM

leoqaz said:
I am going to buy this GPu
ATI radeon 5570
System Requirements:
400 Watt Power Supply is required.
For More Info
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/produc...

I have a UPS
APC BACK-UPS
Output: 230V , 300W
For more info
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_i...

Has 3 sockets , One is for the System Unit and the other is for the monitor.

Is my power supply enough for my
desktop ?

I deleted your previous thread because I thought it was daft, any reason why I shouldn't delete this one?
Score
August 6, 2011 5:57:22 PM

Judging from your choice of video card, you are not much into games. So, you will only be using a Dual core or at most a tri-core CPU so power consumption is not really a big concern.

As for a PSU, I'd recommend that you get at least a 500W one so that you will still have some room for upgrades. Don't worry about the unused power as your pc will only use up what it needs. A good 80plus certified PSU is highly recommended.

With the UPS, 300Watts should be fine, but it can only let your PC run for around 3-7 minutes. I would recommend at least a 650VA or 1000VA. APC units are very reliable, but quite expensive. If you are on a tight budget, I would highly recommend FSP or FSP Group units instead. The company is very well known for producing high quality power supplies like the FSP Aurum (80Plus Gold certified).
Score
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2011 11:08:43 PM

Pfffffffffffffffffff :pt1cable: 
Score
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2011 11:15:11 PM

Sorry, i did sent the last message to fast. What i wanted to say was : Pfffffffff :pt1cable:  lucky for me i don't have the required I.Q. so i'm not allowed to answer.
Score
August 7, 2011 12:42:08 AM

gnomio said:
Hi
What's the name of your power supply? I'll comment and explain the UPS once we are done with PSU

Click the link on my thread
Score
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 12:50:53 AM

And again ; i'm so happy not to have an I.Q. of 140 or more and therefore not allowed to answer. When i click on your link i get this : The requested page was not found on this server. Probably just me beiing stupid. Huhuh, yeah, cool, yeah, huhuh. I'm going to take a walk on my knuckels now, bye. :bounce: 
Score
a c 359 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 1:01:21 AM

I will paraphrase my original response to your 1st thread on this same issue.

Depending on which site you refer to an IQ of 140+ is falls under very superior intelligence\near genius\genius. That is basically less than 2% of the total human population.

Here's an example:

http://www.iqtestexperts.com/iq-scores.php

I have never taken an IQ test before. I would guess it will probably be around 56. However a few shots of 18 year old Macallan Scotch should bring it up to around 75. Therefore, I will not provide an answer to your question.
Score
August 7, 2011 1:05:30 AM

This kid thinks that back up battery can power his pc. ROFLCOPTER. This made my day. Bro, you need a power supply unit. Google that please.
Score
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 1:21:48 AM

LOL ! Or try a windmill, i'm from Holland and we've got a lot of them here ! Sorry leogaz but with arrogant statements like "only people with an I.Q. of 140 . . .etc." you can expect reactions like this, you little Brainiac ! ( especially from dumb nuckelheads like me ) :kaola: 
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 1:41:39 AM

You are not very smart as you don't know the difference between a psu and ups.. Try to google your question and see what you get.. I will guess your I.Q is like 50.
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2011 2:08:43 AM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Score
!