Quick Question about 2x6950 for triple monitor set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drohz

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I am in the process of ordering parts for a new gaming system. I'd like to run the eyefinity with 3 monitors. However looking at the prices of monitors it seems that all the resolutions above 1920 x 1080 are HUGE. So knowing this if I want to get a monitor at 1920 x 1080, still running 3, should I still use 2x6950's or bring it down to one card? Or are there some cheap awesome high res monitors that I don't know about? Also any reccomendations on what would be some good monitors for this set up on newegg? I'm willing to spend a couple hundred per monitor but not 1000 a monitor like I was seeing. Thanks a lot, and have a good weekend!

Solution
i meant by higher resolution 5760x1080.... 2560 × 1600 is a higher resolution as well. Even if you don't run Eyefinity and you will be sufficient with a 30" @ 2560 × 1600 you still need to run the crossfire for better FPS and high quality visuals including AA and v.sync on.
yes these 3 monitors will work on Eyefinity just ensure to have a mini display port to DVI or HDMI adapter to hock up the third monitor (2 in DVIs, third one in the Mini DP- to DVI adapter)
i meant by higher resolution 5760x1080.... 2560 × 1600 is a higher resolution as well. Even if you don't run Eyefinity and you will be sufficient with a 30" @ 2560 × 1600 you still need to run the crossfire for better FPS and high quality visuals including AA and v.sync on.
yes these 3 monitors will work on Eyefinity just ensure to have a mini display port to DVI or HDMI adapter to hock up the third monitor (2 in DVIs, third one in the Mini DP- to DVI adapter)

Solution

if you think that higher resolution (5780 ×1080) is going to kill you GPUs ? No, as i said before a single HD 6950 will handle them just fine but you need the crossfire for the better performance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.