Sign in with
Your question

Help with gpu info please

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 6, 2011 1:14:50 PM

hi im planning to buy a new gpu and power supply soon..i'm going for the antec earth watts 650W model and the nvidia 470gtx..my question is that the nvidia gtx has
6 pin x2 supplementary power connectors do i need to attach those power connectors from my psu to make the gpu work under normal conditions meaning no overclocking...

the antec ea-650W has 1 x 6+2 PCI-E and 1 x 6 Pin PCI-E...

More about : gpu info

a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2011 1:16:59 PM

Whats your budget for the psu?
m
l
August 6, 2011 1:21:11 PM

gnomio said:
Whats your budget for the psu?

i live in pakistan so according to that my budget is around 8000rs which whwn converted to US $ is around 91.95$
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2011 1:35:05 PM

you need to attach them to power your gpu

75w from the slot. Rest from connectors
btw one I posted is a rebranded Seasonic 520W which is quality for cheap
m
l
August 6, 2011 1:44:53 PM

gnomio said:
you need to attach them to power your gpu
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/spooony1/PC/pc02.jpg
75w from the slot. Rest from connectors
btw one I posted is a rebranded Seasonic 520W which is quality for cheap

they dont have seasonic in the local market..just silverstone,fsp,cosair and antec...cosair is way out of my budget,silverstone and fsp are not good...

are you absolutely sure that the supplementary power connectors need to be connected to make the card work???

the antec ea-650W has 1 x 6+2 PCI-E and 1 x 6 Pin PCI-E....so won't i run into trouble in the future if more than 2 6pins are need for a new card to work??
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2011 1:58:18 PM

bumblebee666 said:
they dont have seasonic in the local market..just silverstone,fsp,cosair and antec...cosair is way out of my budget,silverstone and fsp are not good...

are you absolutely sure that the supplementary power connectors need to be connected to make the card work???

the antec ea-650W has 1 x 6+2 PCI-E and 1 x 6 Pin PCI-E....so won't i run into trouble in the future if more than 2 6pins are need for a new card to work??

most Antecs stuff is rebranded Seasonics like the 520w one I linked
Yes they are needed. 75w is not enough to power a 470
No your fine with the 650w your looking at
m
l
August 6, 2011 2:01:33 PM

gnomio said:
most Antecs stuff is rebranded Seasonics like the 520w one I linked
Yes they are needed. 75w is not enough to power a 470
No your fine with the 650w your looking at

that's great then...but there is an issue i'm only getting a warranty of one year...i dont know if it's local or international yet but i'll do some research before buying...and thankyou...
m
l
!