Sign in with
Your question

Question Regarding Asrock Z68M/USB3

Last response: in Motherboards
October 31, 2012 1:35:51 PM

Hello I bought an Asrock Z68M/USB3.I'm planning to buy an Ivy Bridge i3 and I read I need a bios update to make it work.Can I update the bios using the Ivy Bridge processor itself and without using any Sandy Bridge Processor.Also Im planning to buy a Nvidia GTX 650ti/660 depending on availability here;Would this motherboard support PCI-E 3.0 when I buy an i5 3570K next year when I had enough money.I also read in one blog that this motherboard doesn't have VRM heatsink,is that true?
November 2, 2012 6:41:42 PM

BrotherXiao said:
Hello I bought an Asrock Z68M/USB3.I'm planning to buy an Ivy Bridge i3 and I read I need a bios update to make it work.Can I update the bios using the Ivy Bridge processor itself and without using any Sandy Bridge Processor.Also Im planning to buy a Nvidia GTX 650ti/660 depending on availability here;Would this motherboard support PCI-E 3.0 when I buy an i5 3570K next year when I had enough money.I also read in one blog that this motherboard doesn't have VRM heatsink,is that true?

Most likely the board will not function with an Ivy Bridge without the Bios update...According to the Asrock website it supports PCI-E 2.0 only....

Check out the company's website for more specs

m
l
!