My GPU is going crazy!

ryukira

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Okay so last night all of a sudden my GPUs fan started revving like crazy and making this really loud noise almost as if the fan's shaft is crooked or the fan is unbalanced and the fan just kept going faster and faster until it sounded like the damn thing would explode and I had to cut power, however the card is cool at 40degrees centigrade and all graphics are working just fine, the problem seem to be connected to the fan only, I tried to use the manual ovverride to bring down the fan to the minimum 20% for a minute or so but that only made it make even more sound. Anyone know what might be wrong/what I can do to fix it? or should I just cut my losses and hope the warranty covers it? The PC is about a year or so old and has a ATI Radeon HD5800 hooked to a 750W PSU.

Any help or info is much appreciated.

ryukira

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Hmm, how does one go about removing a built in fan on a GPU? I cleaned it as much as i could from the outside but the plastic cover on the card is blocking most of it.

Can't you remove the cover then, i believe mine can by clicking the little pins on the side to the inside and then you can remove the upper half of the card. ( it probably won't be easy but with a little luck it could be done i think. It will expire your guarantee though.) Anyway it sounds like it's just malfunctioning and should be fixed under guarantee rules i think.

Razi Salame

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
guys i have the same problem but the fan dont make that much noise insted it crashes my pc
please help me.
is it from my grapic card ?? i have a nivida 7300 grapic card

Razi Salame

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
every time i run a game or a picture the colours if goes crazy and missed up and my pc crashes
i thinks that i need a new graphic card ! or maybe its not from it?!
tell me what to do

TRENDING THREADS