Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 from windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 8
January 16, 2013 3:50:38 PM

Hi,

I am selling my computer and I am going to remove my hard-drive which has windows 7 installed and the person I am selling it to is going to put their own hard-drive in and install windows 8. Can this be done will it work perfectly?

And what is the difference between windows 8 dsp and the cheaper windows 8 single language dsp. And what is dsp?

More about : windows windows

a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 3:58:10 PM

yes the hard drive will work. i dont know what dsp is...if you want to purchase windows disk get an OEM version as its $100 vs much more for a retail copy with a little box and a manual
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 3:58:45 PM

do the components have windows 8 drivers? what is the build?
Related resources
January 16, 2013 4:08:54 PM

The windows 8 drivers should be in the HDD, eh?

DSP stands for “Delivery Service Partner" -- which are copies used by computers builds companies.
January 16, 2013 4:10:01 PM

alvine said:
yes the hard drive will work. i dont know what dsp is...if you want to purchase windows disk get an OEM version as its $100 vs much more for a retail copy with a little box and a manual

Wish I could find OEM. I live in South Africa and the only available option is DSP. And thanks
January 16, 2013 4:11:51 PM

jemm said:
The windows 8 drivers should be in the HDD, eh?

DSP stands for “Delivery Service Partner" -- which are copies used by computers builds companies.

So if for some reason the hardrive is broken or I want to install windows 8 DSP on a new computer will I be able to or is it installed once to that hardrive and no other
January 16, 2013 4:13:26 PM

the great randini said:
do the components have windows 8 drivers? what is the build?

GTX 560 non ti (latest nvidia driver installed)

amd athlon ii x4 640

ecs blackseries 880g motherboard

January 16, 2013 5:15:23 PM

Alabalcho said:
@Mattv1993,

Check Windows 8 Upgrade advisor while your computer is still running Windows 7. It will tell you whether the components are Win8-compatible.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to...

everythings compatible except amd dual core optimizer, don't know what that is.
!