New graphics card

blahweery

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
i would like put a Radeon hd 6870 in my pc it has 350watts is this enough.i have in just now nividia GeForce 8400 Gs.if not enough could sum one recomend me a really good one to replace the other for online gaming many thnx an old man ive spent 3 days now going through endless reading about them i think any thing under 200 pound mark would do

I'm not really sure if you need an other PSU, but 350 doesn't sound that great. I think you should have at least 500W. I heard it's best to have a single +12v rail with a stable ampere output. I have an coolermaster GX 750W with a single +12v rail with 60A max and i'm pretty happy with it, but i'm no expert on this. I paid something like 80 euro for it so that's well under 200 pounds. More expensive PSU are a bit better in power efficency and are often modulair, wich means you can disconnect the cables you don't use so they don't interfere with the airstream in your pc. ( i think that's only importent in really hard pushing game pc's wich get pretty hot )
Otherwise ; just put in the 6870 and see what it does, i think it also depends on the rest of your system and what kind of games you play.