GTX550 Ti 1gb decision - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukdoberder

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hi guys! I need some help in deciding what graphics card should i replace my current one (PC HD5750).

First of all...

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: September 2011
BUDGET RANGE: 100$ - 150$
PURPOSE: 3DS MAX 2011, Vray, AutoCad, Revit, Adobe CS5, Modern Warfare, AC II etc.

CURRENT GPU: PC HD 5750
PSU: FPS Supersonic 80+ 550watts
PROCESSOR: i5-760 2.80ghz
MOBO: ELITE p55H-A
MEMORY: 4GB ddr3 1333mhz
O.C.?: NO
SLI/CROSSFIRE: MAYBE
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x1200

So here's the problem. I am having some performance issues while using 3DS MAX on my current GPU. I have searched all over the internet for fixes/patches/drivers to no avail. My fellow colleagues are all using 3DS MAX 2011 with Nvidia cards, all having no issues regarding performance while modeling. That gave me the idea that AMD is "maybe" having some compatibility issue with 3DS MAX. I want to switch to NVIDIA cards.

I am eying for GTX 550. I've seen a couple of reviews about it and to be honest, I don't really get it. :pt1cable:

Is it a good card for my budget? and what brand should I get? The brands available in my location are listed below. GTX 560 seems like a very nice card but I'd rather spend the extra money in buying a couple of 4gb ddr3 sticks.

EVGA

Inno 3d

Thanks!

Best regards,
Nathan

Can you crossfire a 6770 with a 5750, i thought the 6770 will work then as a 5750 ? Anyway he wants nvidea because of 3DS Max.
I would go for the 460, it's cheaper then the 560, a lot better then the 550 and for your purpose more then enough i think.
Also don't restrain yourself by only buying from retailers in your neighbourhood, on the internet cards are often 30 to 70 bucks cheaper then in the shop on the corner. ( and changing the cards yourselff isn't that difficult )

ps3hacker12

Distinguished

yep you can:
AMD_CrossfireX_Chart_1618W.jpg

but thats i said i WOULD have reccommended crossfiring a 6770 with a 5750 if the question about better gaming performance, but out of the two cards i would choose the EVGA card.

Ha, you're so right ! Should have known ; the 67 and 57 cards are the same type of cards. I stand corrected ! ( and i know you said WOULD, i just like to nag. ) ( nag, nag, nag ) ( I'm Dutch, sue me ! ) ( LOL ) :lol: :pt1cable:

Status
Not open for further replies.