P8P67 PRO and Corsair 850w TX V2

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
I just have to ask, does anyone have these working together? And if so, how many 4 pins are connected? Or did you somehow get the 6+2 to fit? I heard that you should not connect PC-ie 4 pins to the power source for the motherboard.
I have a P8P67 Pro motherboard and just replaced my power supply to a 850w corsair TX V2. There are two places on the motherboard that have to connect to my power supply. The 24 pin and the 8 pin connector. The new Corsair power supply does not have an 8pin but rather, it does have a 6 + 2 connector. It does not fit correctly. So i tried to follow the motherboard manual and it says either the 8 pin connector or only one pin and the other 4 slots empty. So I tried to put in just one 4 pin connector and they all say PC-IE connectors on them. It did not boot. So then I put two 4 pin connectors and it booted up but something sparked. I think i fried something. Probably my video card because the VGA light on the motherboard is red now, but the card fan is still running. The Monitor does not pick up any signal from the video card. I just wanted to know which cable from this power supply works for this motherboard 8 pin slot. My old psu had an 8 pin that worked fine. Corsair 6+2 just didn't work for me. I have two 4 pin connecters to make the 8 pin right now and it boots up but nothing comes up on my monitor, no signal to the GPU. I want to try another GPU to see if that works but dont want to blow another one if two 4 pins is not the right way to do this.

1tym

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
yes 6+2 pin is for your video card it should say pci-e on it. There's a reason why they are labeled that way. The 8pin EPS/ATX 12v connector for the cpu is a 4+4 pin

TRENDING THREADS