Will my computer be able to use this processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well. I like to game a lot, and the processor I have just isn't working for me. So that quad core will be a lot better then what I have, and It's a low price too. And you're positive it will work then, right?

G

Oh, and If you're wondering, well. How can this guy game on his computer when he's got an integrated video card? Well. I bought a different one, and I like to game a lot but the processor just isn't doing it for me.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
this is proof

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/el1358g-51w-mainboard-specs/

, but you cannot game with integrated graphics card, you need to buy a good graphics card to do so, and you would be better of spending money on a graphics card than the CPU, yours is good enough for some gaming, but if you put a graphics card in you would need to buy a new more powerful power supply and these computers use smaller type of psu. so expect spending a bit.
btw, what games do you want to play, and what resolution?

teleaddicted

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
220w ? really ? then how the hell is your pc even working Because a stock clock 6450 needs 300w lol sorry just you know being the 5570 is a higher rank and has an older larger 55nm? process... or have you not installed the card yet ?

G

I don't know if the fan runs on it XD. But, I can have my processor and my video card installed,running, and working fine right?

zrafferty

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
being that low i wouldnt attempt it would be better off just upgrading it you can pick up a cosair 650watt PSU for about 75 off of newegg they are really nice with that configuration get minimm of a 500watt with 28amps or better.
you can try it most it will do is just crash or shut off the computer cause of it over drawing the power or worse case blow a fuse

G

So, what you're saying is that I wouldn't be able to run the processor and video card at the same time?

I think you could, I do not know the quality of the PSU though some can go substantially over their rated load and everything is still fine others will blow up. Usually OEM's use PSU's from the first group. If you notice any instability then you know what the problem is and need to replace the PSU.

Risky undertaking imo.
Most cpu upgrades require a bios update.
If no information regarding a newer bios version or cpu support list is available = you're taking your chances

G

Well. My decision is...I'm not getting it. Once I get a little more money, Ill upgrade my PSU and Processor. But thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts