Sign in with
Your question

Amber light or yellow

Last response: in Networking
November 12, 2010 11:51:18 AM

I have a Linksys E2000 router on my port 2 i have a amber light or yellow light when my pc goes to sleep it goes blue. My wifes pc the light is blue like it suppost to be.When i had my old pc hook up to the router it was blue light on port 2. Iam running windows7.I have internet connetion too i have no problem getting on the internet.Just want to know how to fix it or want to know why from one pc is diff from the other one. My wife is running XP on her pc.

More about : amber light yellow

November 12, 2010 6:01:40 PM

It might be due to the connection speed of your network card.

maybe the light is yellow when you connect at 1000 mb and blue if when you connect at 100 mb
m
l
November 12, 2010 7:14:04 PM

Ty for your anawer
m
l
December 2, 2010 1:49:51 PM

Emerald said:
It might be due to the connection speed of your network card.

maybe the light is yellow when you connect at 1000 mb and blue if when you connect at 100 mb

Im having the issure descirbed by toolman as well. I have my tv hooked up to the internet and that ethernet port is lit blue. Im curious about it and I wont put back all the wires in the living room till I find out the real reason. its driving my wife a little nuts, so please any help would be great. btw also have a ps3 hooked up wirelessly and it is fine.
m
l
Related resources
!