Question about ram

furbslt

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
ok i got these rams nearly for free - APACER DDR2-667 2G DIMM CL5 128*8 ROHS
But the problem is my mother board. P5vdc-Mx can only run on 533 frequency and when i use those rams system uses only half and becomes unstable (bunch of bsod's and restarts) is there any way to fuly use those rams on this motherboard (i dont realy care about frequency) ? Should i upgrade my motherboard (i dont wanna throw away these rams) ?

And yes my computer is old. And no, i cant affor to buy new pc.

jemm

Distinguished
Technically the should ram at 533MHz, however frequency is not all -- you have to check voltage too!

Also you can´t use DDR and DDR2 memory at the same time -- are you mixing the ram with another one?

It´d be very unwise to upgrade a motherboard just to match the ram -- a motherboard is a lot more expensive than ram.

Your motherboard supports:
2 x 240-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR2 533/400 non-ECC, unbuffered memory
2 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR 400/333/266 non-ECC, unbuffered memory

furbslt

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Can you tell me more about voltage ?

No, im not mxing ram. If i put new ram alone pc wont boot at all.

And yea i guess upgrading motherboard would be stupid :D

furbslt

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
well it seems my current rams are runing at 1.80 Voltage. Ithink it should be enought for never ones. Strange think i noticed that curent ones are runing on 266 frequency, but i dont thin that important.