Sign in with
Your question

[New Build] Help Me! $1000 Budget

Last response: in Systems
October 8, 2011 4:58:37 AM

Hey Forum,

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime in the next 2-3 Months

Budget Range: $1000 (Before Rebates)

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming, Video Editing, Uploading Videos

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Country of Origin: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick)

Parts Preferences: I would prefer an Intel Processor. Specifically I was looking at using an LGA1155 socket intel i5 2500K processor. However since I wont be buying the parts for a few months, should I wait for the 2700K release?

Overclocking: Yes :D 

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Sadly...1440x900

Additional Comments: Needs to have a wireless interface card. The people who set up the internet in our house disabled all the Wired connections (not sure why) so I'd prefer a pretty fast one.

More about : build 1000 budget

October 8, 2011 5:08:22 AM

A lot is gonna change in those 2-3 months. It's better if you asked again a week before you buy one.
m
l
October 8, 2011 7:26:30 AM

I agree, the next gen parts are coming out very soon within your timeframe. I would wait til all the possible parts youre interested in are out and then decide.
m
l
October 8, 2011 12:06:47 PM

I'll agree with above about waiting untill your ready to pull the trigger on a new system before deciding on parts.

I started peicing my build back in April. Had I waited until last week i would have saved myself @ $100 on just the case, cooler, and power supply. I picked up those over the past few months and all took a large price drops recently at different vendors I used.

And as stated the updated versions 2-3 months down the road will be different then whats available right now. My new rig is in my sig below. As I had been saving up for my system since April this year, I waited on getting the MB/CPU/Mem/GPU until last and glad I did. What my final version of these are in no way even close to the configurations I started with back in April/May.
m
l
!