Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime in the next 2-3 Months
Budget Range: $1000 (Before Rebates)
System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming, Video Editing, Uploading Videos
Parts Not Required: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com
Country of Origin: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick)
Parts Preferences: I would prefer an Intel Processor. Specifically I was looking at using an LGA1155 socket intel i5 2500K processor. However since I wont be buying the parts for a few months, should I wait for the 2700K release?
SLI or Crossfire: No
Monitor Resolution: Sadly...1440x900
Additional Comments: Needs to have a wireless interface card. The people who set up the internet in our house disabled all the Wired connections (not sure why) so I'd prefer a pretty fast one.
I'll agree with above about waiting untill your ready to pull the trigger on a new system before deciding on parts.
I started peicing my build back in April. Had I waited until last week i would have saved myself @ $100 on just the case, cooler, and power supply. I picked up those over the past few months and all took a large price drops recently at different vendors I used.
And as stated the updated versions 2-3 months down the road will be different then whats available right now. My new rig is in my sig below. As I had been saving up for my system since April this year, I waited on getting the MB/CPU/Mem/GPU until last and glad I did. What my final version of these are in no way even close to the configurations I started with back in April/May.