Disappearing wallpaper

My computer has been working without problems for some
time. I recently installed BT Broadband Basic and since
then when I select a wallpaper it disappears about 30
seconds after logging on leaving a black background.

Any suggestions???
1 answer Last reply
More about disappearing wallpaper

    Hi Neil

    My suggestion is to:

    1. Point mouse pointer over desktop and right click,
    select 'Properties' then 'Desktop tab', then click
    on 'Customize Desktop' button, and finally click on 'Web'
    tab - ensure that there is no ticks in any of the list
    especially 'My Current Home Page';

    2. Next, check remote desktop settings are off - Start --
    > Control Panel --> System, select 'Remote' tab. Now
    depending on which version of XP you are running (Home or
    Pro) you will have:

    XP Home : 'Remote Assistance' - make sure that there is
    no tick in the checkbox for 'Allow Remote Assistance
    invitations to be sent from this computer'

    XP Pro : as above and also Remote Desktop - again make
    sure that there is no tick the checkbox for 'Allow users
    to connect remotely to this computer'

    If all else fails check your video card settings for any
    problems (I doubt it is this though).

    Please let me know if any of the above solves your
    problem, I would be interested to hear from you and good
    luck with this problem.

    Regards from a fellow Roberts clan,

    Malcolm Roberts
    malrob1@hotmail.com

Configuration Wallpaper Microsoft Customization Windows XP