Disappearing wallpaper

July 27, 2004 6:21:44 PM

My computer has been working without problems for some
time. I recently installed BT Broadband Basic and since
then when I select a wallpaper it disappears about 30
seconds after logging on leaving a black background.

Any suggestions???

More about : disappearing wallpaper

July 28, 2004 8:23:04 AM

Hi Neil

My suggestion is to:

1. Point mouse pointer over desktop and right click,
select 'Properties' then 'Desktop tab', then click
on 'Customize Desktop' button, and finally click on 'Web'
tab - ensure that there is no ticks in any of the list
especially 'My Current Home Page';

2. Next, check remote desktop settings are off - Start --
> Control Panel --> System, select 'Remote' tab. Now
depending on which version of XP you are running (Home or
Pro) you will have:

XP Home : 'Remote Assistance' - make sure that there is
no tick in the checkbox for 'Allow Remote Assistance
invitations to be sent from this computer'

XP Pro : as above and also Remote Desktop - again make
sure that there is no tick the checkbox for 'Allow users
to connect remotely to this computer'

If all else fails check your video card settings for any
problems (I doubt it is this though).

Please let me know if any of the above solves your
problem, I would be interested to hear from you and good
luck with this problem.

Regards from a fellow Roberts clan,

Malcolm Roberts
malrob1@hotmail.com