Advice on system numbers/performance (with screenies)

2BSpacific

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi all,Long time reader...

I just bought a new pc that i put together & would like some input/advice in regards to cpu-z & core temp read outs.

Maybe someone will see something that looks out of the ordinary or they simply have some advice on how to get more performance out of my machine.

It is as follows...

i7-2600k
Asus P8P67-M-Pro
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Ram 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 (2x4GB)
650w Extreme Power+ V2.3 PSU
1TB 1000GB Samsung Spinpoint F3
MSI PCIE GTX560 Ti Hawk 1GB

All that in a CM Storm enforcer case with a 200mm front intake fan & a 120mm rear fan.In transit as i type i have 2 more 120mm's for the top (exhaust ?) & a cooler master V8 CPU cooler

CoreTemp-Scr-1.png
cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2.jpg
cpuz3.jpg
cpuz4.jpg
gpuz.gif

Love the wealth of knowledge on this site,i hope you can share a bit of that with me in regards to my pc :)

Cheers
Joe

Hello 2BSpacific;

Warm air rises so yes, top fans = exhaust.

What kind of GPU temps did you see? In the 70s while gaming is normal for that card and anything under 95C during torture tests would be OK.

CPU temp with the stock cooler look normal.
Even without the extra case fans that nice aftermarket CPU cooler should drop the temps into the mid to upper 60s. Mid 80s under torture test conditions with the new cooler would be a good result too.

2BSpacific

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi WR2,thanks alot for the reply :) Sorry i didnt reply sooner,i have a little prob with a 'no dvi signal',still unsolved :(

Anyway.....i installed the fans & CPU cooler & ran 3dmark06 & i was very surprised.The posted screen shot is with the fan on high,nice and quiet too i must admit.Also my GPU is running a little cooler.That combined with some custom fan profiles has worked wonders & has me less worried about performance with summer & 40 degree days approaching :sol:

As for the 'dvi no signal' issue,i think i will take the machine to my local shop & get them to test my monitor & graphics card seperately.If the results are clean then i am guessing it is my motherboard or psu (unlikely tho).I have reseated everything,tested ram sticks & slots,hdd...you name it....

CoreTemp-Scrhigh.png