Sign in with
Your question

High pitched sound from headphones

Last response: in Components
January 8, 2012 3:27:41 AM

I just finished my first system build earlier this week. Today I noticed a soft high pitched sound coming from my headphones. I Googled it and got a few ideas on what it could be, but here is the really weird part. It stops when I move my mouse. As soon as my mouse goes idle, it continues again. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? (Preferably without buying a sound card. I am broke as a joke.) The sound is only coming from the speakers, and continues even when the computer is muted.

System Info:

ACS A885GM-A2 (V1.1) Mobo
AMD Phenom II X4 960t
Still on integrated graphics and sound
1 Stick of Pareema 4Gb DDR3 RAM
January 12, 2012 7:29:37 AM

do the headphones draw power from the pc and do your headphone cups get hot? if so what psu are you using bc your psu could be insufficient..but with nothing attached to the mobo (sound card, gpu) an insuffiient psu isnt likely..if theyre decent quality headphones they will pick up alot of whatever the soundcard is sending which in cheaper cards (integrated or not) could be interfearance or the power running through the card itself...which would mean new better quality soundcard. heres the cheapest one i found that might work. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=creative+sound...
m
l
January 12, 2012 8:15:12 AM

im thinking motherboard interference also... is the same sound coming from the front jacks and the back? if so then its likely to be the sound board itself. ie it doesn't have adequate shielding..
if its a usb mouse try putting it into a different usb socket... if its ps2 then maybe try a usb mouse... as 1s its unplugged the ps2 port will go to sleep and hopefully stop interfering with the audio...
m
l
!