Solved

300$ or less everyday PC

Ok well my little brother needs a computer because his old one just broke but and it doesnt need to be for gaming but I would like it to be able to be upgraded to maybe a HD 6770 or 550ti eventually.


Approximate Purchase Date: this month


Budget Range: 0-300 But I want it kept as cheap as possible


System Usage from Most to Least Important: browsing the internet, playing non demanding games like minecraft and Call of Duty 4


Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, and Hard Drive


Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg


Country of Origin: USA


Parts Preferences: Something that will last not some cheap brand that will break after a month


Overclocking: no


SLI or Crossfire: no


Monitor Resolution: Dont need a monitor he has a 720p tv he uses


Additional Comments: I want it to be able to be upgraded in the future to like a HD 6770 ir 550ti so a descent PSU
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about everyday
  1. Honestly, with such a small budget your better off with a premade computer (Bestbuy, Wlamart) and then later on down the road upgrading the psu and gpu.
  2. CPU: Athlon ii x4 $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103871

    Mobo : Biostar AM3 motherboard 2x Customer Choice Award $60
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138283

    PSU: Corsair CX430 $45
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=cx430

    Ram : G skill 2x2gb dual channel $26
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231253

    DVD drive: samsung dvd drive $20
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151233

    Casing
    Antec 300 $50
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042


    About $306 due to shipping charge but after MIR $296. The antec 300 is the best case you can get. If you can add $50 dollars more. I can improve the CPU and mobo.
  3. Optical
    case
    Mobo
    gpu
    psu
    cpu+ram
    $324.93 ($309.93 AR)
    This would run most games out there (with medium settings @ 720p) You could always drop the gpu for now if you want and put saving toward 955 be and use the onboard video (but it is pretty weak). This build also has an am3+ board for upgrade ability to bulldozer.
  4. zooted said:
    Optical
    case
    Mobo
    gpu
    psu
    cpu+ram
    $324.93 ($309.93 AR)
    This would run most games out there (with medium settings @ 720p) You could always drop the gpu for now if you want and put saving toward 955 be and use the onboard video (but it is pretty weak). This build also has an am3+ board for upgrade ability to bulldozer.


    This is pretty good. :O
  5. ;)
    cutebeans said:
    This is pretty good. :O
  6. Ok Guys Ive got a build that will only be 241!


    Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996586


    CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply


    AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX250OCGMBOX


    BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard


    COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case


    I think this should do him good :)
  7. Get a DVD drive. That CPU is good for the price but it will be weak in 1 to 2 years. I'd get zooted's build though. It already has a great GPU. for only $300, you can change the CPU if you want to a dual core.
  8. Priorities... Can you gut and re-use the case for now? Deciding where you want to be a year or so down the road means good planning now. It also means not spending the same money twice later on.

    Buying quality components today, like the Corsair CX 430 80+, means you can always transplant it into a new case later on. You don't need 12,000W but 430 will allow you to upgrade the GPU and feel safe doing so. Tomorrow's parts will be more energy efficient than what's on the shelf today - CPU, GPU. People seem to forget that. $10 Rebate on the PSU, too, if you believe in them.

    The other big item in cutebeans good line up is the memory. A good rule of thumb is to buy the most and fastest memory within reason. It is ungodly cheap these days and mfr's are cutting back on production so expect prices to rise. DDR3 will be around for a few more years and it can migrate to any new rig. 2x4GB 1600 is a good sweet spot these days. Egg has it on sale. Get it while you can.

    Does the old PC have a decent DVD? How old is the dead PC?

    So, if you can re-use the old case/DVD for now, that's $70 saved to buy better memory ($50 instead of 25) and you're ahead of the game and closer to a 6770.

    You can upgrade the case later and add a new DVD today or tomorrow or maybe wait and add BluRay drive... 60 or so rather than 20 now.

    There are an infinite number of choices, including using Infidel parts, but when you're out of money all you can do is read and plan the next step.

    You'll never buy off the shelf again.
  9. Here's better:

    Rosewill R102 Micro ATX case: $29.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147111

    Intel Pentium G620: $72.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116399

    ASRock H61M-VS motherboard: $53.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157241

    Patriot 4GB DDR3-1333 (10600): $24.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220537

    Corsair CX 430W PSU: $44.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

    Seagate 500 GB HDD: $44.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148701
    (I know you have on, but a second can't hurt)

    Samsung DVD burner: $16.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151233

    total: $288.92
    Shipping: $9.82
    total: $298.75

    you could remove the HDD and replace it with an HD6450 1GB video card.

    you could forgot the hdd and drop the the $56.99 Celeron 530 (2.4GHz) and get a HD 5570 for light gaming
  10. addendum.. to go Bulldozer you need an AM3+ socket. The Biostar is only an AM3 NOT +. Also need a 9xx series board to get "the most" from BD but that may not be important today as much as providing the upgrade path. 9xx is irrelevant in this build.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128440
    Gigabyte 880GM is AM3+ and will add $25 to the build price however... dropping back to an X2 can provide funds for the upgrade board and a future move to BD later on.
  11. Lestr50 said:
    Priorities... Can you gut and re-use the case for now? Deciding where you want to be a year or so down the road means good planning now. It also means not spending the same money twice later on.

    Buying quality components today, like the Corsair CX 430 80+, means you can always transplant it into a new case later on. You don't need 12,000W but 430 will allow you to upgrade the GPU and feel safe doing so. Tomorrow's parts will be more energy efficient than what's on the shelf today - CPU, GPU. People seem to forget that. $10 Rebate on the PSU, too, if you believe in them.

    The other big item in cutebeans good line up is the memory. A good rule of thumb is to buy the most and fastest memory within reason. It is ungodly cheap these days and mfr's are cutting back on production so expect prices to rise. DDR3 will be around for a few more years and it can migrate to any new rig. 2x4GB 1600 is a good sweet spot these days. Egg has it on sale. Get it while you can.

    Does the old PC have a decent DVD? How old is the dead PC?

    So, if you can re-use the old case/DVD for now, that's $70 saved to buy better memory ($50 instead of 25) and you're ahead of the game and closer to a 6770.

    You can upgrade the case later and add a new DVD today or tomorrow or maybe wait and add BluRay drive... 60 or so rather than 20 now.

    There are an infinite number of choices, including using Infidel parts, but when you're out of money all you can do is read and plan the next step.

    You'll never buy off the shelf again.

    No The case is junk. Its an old 2007 computer and yes it has a DVD drive but I dont need one. I forgot to put thast in the description
  12. Lestr50 said:
    addendum.. to go Bulldozer you need an AM3+ socket. The Biostar is only an AM3 NOT +. Also need a 9xx series board to get "the most" from BD but that may not be important today as much as providing the upgrade path. 9xx is irrelevant in this build.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128440
    Gigabyte 880GM is AM3+ and will add $25 to the build price however... dropping back to an X2 can provide funds for the upgrade board and a future move to BD later on.


    I definitely second the importance of an upgrade path, even in a low budget build. Stick with AM3+ and/or LGA 1155. Of course, you could consider the FM1 socket, but I think those APUs might be out of your price range.
  13. I'd go with Screwy's build, just two things :

    Gskill Value Series 4GB DDR3 1333 - $20

    Xigmatek ASGARD II ATX Mid Tower - $30
  14. Best answer
    There is a nice bundle on Newegg that includes Case, Processor, Motherboard and Memory for $191

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.719525

    Pair that with a $18 CD/DVD Drive and a $70 Radeon 6570 and you got yourself a cracker super budget machine with HDMI out and DX11 it will do great on less demanding games and everyday tasks. I know some people are gunna say you will need a bigger case and better PSU but if you ever do need to upgrade them to accommodate a 6770 it shouldn't be to much of a hassle to upgrade. The 6570 should be fine anyway. :ange:

    This comes to a bit under $300 with shipping from Newegg


    I would also recommend purchasing a pre-built system like the Compaq CQ2010 $299.99 because you would get more peace of mind, but you would get a huge chunk of performance more from the system above!
  15. Best answer selected by kresge97.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product