Video Out Cards

G

Okay guys everytime I post I tell a damn story, so here is another one.
I bought a video card about 1 year ago. I was looking for the best deal i could possibly get and i got a decent one (at the time anyways). I got a 32MEG TNT2 M64 card made by Guillemot with video input (svideo and composite) and video out (svideo). Maxi Gamer Cougar VE.
Well for an ancient card it still serves me great, in fact ive just finished another level in Mech 4 and No One Lives Forever.Im not too concerned with video in (thats what firewire is for) but video output is horrible. It only does 800x600.
So now with next gen games like Giants and Sacrifice out I want to get a new card...ive decided GeForce2GTS 32DDR but i want one that does good video out, anyone got any suggestions?
Now even if it isnt based on this chip, what is the BEST video out board and?

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
TVs are low resolution. The highest res for video out on a TV is 800x600. and on top of TVs being low resolution they are also super low dot pitch, making text and items that are small almost impossible to decipher what they are. I have an asus v6600 deluxe and its 800x600 video out is the nicest I've see. So if you want a geforce 2 GTS I'd get the v7700 Deluxe which you can find for $223 and higher on www.pricewatch.com

G

hey thanx for the info...thats the card i was looking at anyways....as for my tv its a sony wega 32" flat screen, so id love to see a better video out resolution....i know some tvs accept direct monitor input from the pc, so is there NO way to get a better video out resolution?

G

There seems like only one solution. Since a TV's highest resolution is 800 x 600 you'll have to get a better TV such as one that is HDTV compatible or one, like you said, has a connection similar to your monitor to get higher resolutions. The only thing I can think of to get higher video out res is to get a TV that will accept either a DVI connector or a monitor connector. Hercules makes a Geforce1 card called the Prophet DDR-DVI with S-Video out, DVI out, and regular monitor out. I think those Plasma televisions have a DVI connector. Does your Wega?

- Every private citizen has a public responsibility