display icons

I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
Many of those icons from the display are from old,
deleted files and software that no longer is on my
computer.
How can I delete them?
Thanks...
5 answers Last reply
More about display icons

    Hi David,

    Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084

    Automate
    [Line 53] Remove Past Items From Notification Area

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "David C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55f501c47431$583a93f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
    Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
    Many of those icons from the display are from old,
    deleted files and software that no longer is on my
    computer.
    How can I delete them?
    Thanks...

    Hi David,

    Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "David C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
    > Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
    > Many of those icons from the display are from old,
    > deleted files and software that no longer is on my
    > computer.
    > How can I delete them?
    > Thanks...

    Thank you...

    Thank you...

    Most welcome, David. Glad to have helped.

    --

    "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you...

Configuration Icons Customization Windows XP Displays