  • Customization
  • Windows XP
  • Displays
July 27, 2004 8:27:55 PM

I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
Many of those icons from the display are from old,
deleted files and software that no longer is on my
computer.
How can I delete them?
Thanks...

More about : display icons

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 5:26:27 PM

Hi David,

Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084

Automate
[Line 53] Remove Past Items From Notification Area

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"David C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55f501c47431$583a93f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
Many of those icons from the display are from old,
deleted files and software that no longer is on my
computer.
How can I delete them?
Thanks...
July 29, 2004 6:24:47 AM

Hi David,

Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"David C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
> Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
> Many of those icons from the display are from old,
> deleted files and software that no longer is on my
> computer.
> How can I delete them?
> Thanks...
Related resources
July 29, 2004 6:34:06 PM

Thank you...

us/gp/gpref.asp

>"David C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:55f501c47431$583a93f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I am trying to delete old display icons in the "Custom
>Notifications" box (Start, Setting, Taskbar, Customize)
>Many of those icons from the display are from old,
>deleted files and software that no longer is on my
>computer.
>How can I delete them?
>Thanks...
>.

July 29, 2004 6:34:48 PM

Thank you...

July 30, 2004 4:30:08 AM

Most welcome, David. Glad to have helped.

--

!