Sign in with
Your question

Dimension e520 video problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 7, 2011 5:53:36 PM

I also have the same computer (dimension e520)...any update on what video card I could purchase for replacement today?
August 7, 2011 5:57:47 PM

Looks like you have a Pentium 4 which is kinda old, so you probably don't want to go with a top end GPU, but you do have a PCI express slot, so you can buy pretty much anything, assuming your PSU can handle it, but I don't know what you have now, so it's hard to recommend anything.

Do you know what graphics card is in it now?
m
l
August 8, 2011 2:28:42 PM

MysticMiner said:
Looks like you have a Pentium 4 which is kinda old, so you probably don't want to go with a top end GPU, but you do have a PCI express slot, so you can buy pretty much anything, assuming your PSU can handle it, but I don't know what you have now, so it's hard to recommend anything.

Do you know what graphics card is in it now?

MysticMiner: The computer has an Intel Core 2 CPU, 6300 @ 1.86GHz. The computer is currently running an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2011 3:26:34 PM

You've got a video card, the 7300LE which is really not a good one, even for a discrete. So, if you're a gamer, then I'd suggest maybe a HD 5670 or a GT240 but I have to ask you, which PSU you have ?
m
l
a c 540 U Graphics card
August 8, 2011 6:57:49 PM

If it's the original Dell OEM 305 Watt power supply unit there's no PCI Express supplementary power connectors and only one 4-pin Molex connector but it does have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 22 Amps Max.

The Radeon HD 6670 is probably the best performing card for your system without having to also do a power supply upgrade.
m
l
!