Increasing sound past windows limit, speakers can do more, win more db

blackacidevil

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
How do I get windows to go past the regular DB limit,

For some reason, (im well knowledged in computer and this stuff), but i got a pair of headphones from sony and they seemed to be intentionally under limited when they surely can do a hella lot more. I dont care about either the sound card or head phones. The sound card is running though a g330 USB adapter (already tested on my mainboards sound card and same results, low low volume).

Tried this on ipod, mp3 player, g330 usb adapt and mainboard sound, .. just low volume.

So i want to crank this, but beyond the loundness equlaizer. Lets do it,

So lets destory and *** up wahtever usb device or whatever main board, just how do i do this, i can handle the rest.

Thanks, and please no speechs about how I will destory humankind or how I will contribute to hurting the pet population or make myself a bad example for kids, just tell me how its done

Solution
head phones have i resistance this means how hard it is for a signal to move throw a wire the more resistance the less signal strength you get.

if your head phones have i high resistance they will sound quiet check for an in-line volume control on your head phones or you will need to add a pre amp to boost your signal

odjwizardo

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
head phones have i resistance this means how hard it is for a signal to move throw a wire the more resistance the less signal strength you get.

if your head phones have i high resistance they will sound quiet check for an in-line volume control on your head phones or you will need to add a pre amp to boost your signal

Solution
This is one of those cases where a card with an amp, like the ASUS Xonar DG, can be used to increase the output volume by increasing gain.

There is a hardware limit on how much power you can get out of a PC audio output. As most headphones have low impedance [resistance], the default PC output uses very low voltages to drive the analog audio outs, which serverly limits the output power [volume] when using headphones with impedances much above 32 Ohms or so.

Can you list the headphones you are using? You can usually find the rated imedance online easily enough, so we can check and see if thats the problem or not.