Use mobile phone as BT headset?

Last response: in Technologies
September 21, 2004 9:47:15 PM

Hi,

I use an MSI Bluetooth dongle which works fine for file exchange or serial
port with my SE T610. Now I wonder if I could use the phone as a headset
for my computer? The other way around (use PC as headset) is no problem,
but since I want to telephone via internet it would be nice if this was
possible using the mobile's speaker and microphone!

In my bluetooth neighborhood, there is a service named "bluetooth audio
gateway", I have no clue for what this is good but it can't connect to my
mobile. Response: "The remote device closed the connection".

Any ideas?

--
Email: joachim punkt boerger at post punkt rwth-aachen punkt de

More about : mobile phone headset

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 9:47:16 PM

Unlikely, Mobile Phone operators have persuaded the manufactures to not
include the Bluetooth Telephony profile, which would allow what your
wanting, get a BT Headset instead, they work fine.

> I use an MSI Bluetooth dongle which works fine for file exchange or serial
> port with my SE T610. Now I wonder if I could use the phone as a headset
> for my computer? The other way around (use PC as headset) is no problem,
> but since I want to telephone via internet it would be nice if this was
> possible using the mobile's speaker and microphone!
>
> In my bluetooth neighborhood, there is a service named "bluetooth audio
> gateway", I have no clue for what this is good but it can't connect to my
> mobile. Response: "The remote device closed the connection".
January 15, 2005 3:10:44 PM

I want to know how to use my pc as headset i have nokia 6600 and
bluetooth enabled pc. plz help me i was trying for this thing from past
3 months

--
arjun