Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Laptop !

Last response: in Systems
October 8, 2011 5:13:07 PM

Hi Guys

Sorry , i didnt know where to ask this Exactly .

I am Looking for Gaming Laptop , N I choosed few of them according to my price Range . I can see many of laptops have great CPU n HArdwares but theire VGA card is SLOW , i found these Laptops by VGA card Info .

All i need from you is to COnfirm them as Good Gaming Laptop N give a little COmparsion on how they will run Games like GTA IV,Fear 3, cod 7 , and such games .

Acer Aspire 7745G

ASUS - N53Sn / i7

HP Pavilion DV6-6070se

AT least 30 FPs ! at High Setings ,

I cant buy MSI 640GX , because its out of my Price Range . But I realy want you guys to COmpare it with Best Gaming laptop from those 3 . thx

More about : gaming laptop

October 8, 2011 5:38:46 PM

There are 3 submodels of the acer Aspire. The one I like is Aspire 7745G-724G64Bn.
m
l
October 9, 2011 10:31:57 AM

Ok thanx , but is it Best From List ? For Gaming !

And please specify the Best from those 3 Laptops , AND compare it with MSI 640GX . all i want is smooth gaming . i got PC dont worry ( good One ) .
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2011 11:11:08 AM

acers are low end, they die all the time and have hanging issues. i sold these models at bestbuy so i saw them every day.

asus i see over heating issues but only 1 out of every 12 or so laptops sold. solid machines other wise.

the HP has a low end video card so thats out.

I love MSI, i have used there MB's exclusively since 1998. the acer and msi are very close and the 5850 is faster than a 550 video card.

i would look at this: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion_101_P170HM_Gam...

its with in your price range and has a much faster video card by a good 30% and you can even upgrade for 200 more bucks to a 6990 and thats easily double the card thats in these laptops you have linked.
m
l
October 10, 2011 11:37:25 AM

WOW great , thanx , Can u compare Laptop ATi 5850 with PC 5850 ? are they too differente ? Cz i am sure Laptop 5850 has

6990 for only 200 Bucks ? Great Deal , IF 6990 perform as Real 6990 & wont Bottleneck hehe !

Man i checked ur GIven Laptop , Its Great , but How much does it Cost ? about MSI GX640 ? more ? something lower than MSI 740GX ?
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:13:43 PM

stock configs on the ibuypower say 1300.00 ish. of course that will change as you configure it.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 10, 2011 10:33:13 PM

Gaming laptop don't exist. You'll be happy if you get a decent laptop with decent graphics to play your games even if it's on low settings.
IMO boutique laptop like ibuypower and others are garbage. How much do you think they spend on R&D in the thermal department? Maybe not like Dell who probably hires 100 engineers just to decide where the CPU fan should be placed.
You can check out the Alienware M11x
Btw, laptop graphics does not equal to desktop graphics.
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:41:33 PM

back when i got my dell i was playing fear, wow litch, farcry 2 on max settings (high settings for farcry) with no issue. laptops can game just fine on high settings, now days there is little difference in cpu performance between desktop/laptop with the same hardware.

everything will run hotter in a laptop than a desktop and cooling can be a large issue. I myself have never used ibuypower but friends have and they have never had an issue.

ibuypower is generally cheaper than main line MFG's.
m
l
October 11, 2011 2:56:45 PM

Oh thanx alot for whole usefull information .
m
l
October 12, 2011 3:40:28 PM

Realy ? SO theres no 6990 for Laptop !

Oh hey . i got another Q , Laptops Heat up while gaming . SO MUCH . is that a big matter ? will hardwares get dammage or for Laptop its noraml?
m
l
October 12, 2011 3:57:55 PM

laptops can and will die from heating up to much. i have never had an issue on my dell inspiron but ill tell you the models i see alot of heating issues from.

toshibas from 08-mid 2010
gateway FX series, both laptop and desktop. The desktops were so poorly built the thermal compound on there NB would harden into a near concrete mixture. more often than not the Nvidia name would be etched into the bottom of the heatsink due to the heat and lack of goop.

Hp's need there fans cleaned out alot, i dont know why but it seems they collect more dust and debre that other models. perhaps its the location of there fan inlets.

In the end you need to make sure your fans are clear and open, you need to watch out for high temps and fix them fast. When i help friends buy new comps at retail the first thing i do weather laptop or desktop is disassemble the heatsinks and replace the goop with some MX-5. I dont trust any MFG to not screw up there builds, there goal is to make the cheapest comp the fastest and that leads to shotty build quality.

all temps should be below 90C if they go above that then there is something wrong. just keep that in mind when gaming on laptops.

also dont work on your laptop with it sitting on a soft surface. get something hard, it does not need to be a cooling pad but a book or keyboard try, what ever. just something to keep your blankets/cloths from blocking the fan ports on the bottom.
m
l
October 13, 2011 6:49:08 AM

SO thats all ? i mean imagin i have MSI 640GX which is Gaming !

I have No Cooleing Pad below My Notebook . I simple put it on My Desk N start Playing a NEW Game !

N i can feel the HOT AIR from Side of the laptop , Coming about 50CM Far , it means im in danger ?

CAN u list the Safe temp for CPU N GPU of laptop . maybe i can Monitor temps N prevent them from geting Damage . just like i do it for my Desktop .

I gonna Buy MSI GX640 or 740 or ur Listed One ! so if u gonna Suggest something , suggest something suitable for these 3 , no HP , No asus , Dell , Acer , sont , apple & ETC
m
l
October 13, 2011 12:22:11 PM

I tested some of those cooling pads on my dell 1720. they didnt do a damn thing for me. maybe 1C change but that's well with in the margin of error. i dont use them, but there are some laptops that do benefit from them. my dell throws air out the side and sucks it in from teh back. i have fan ports on the bottom but they are secondary. this is why the cooling pad does not make a large difference for me. many HP and such comps put there vents on teh bottom... on such a machine the pad will change the over all temps.

just keep your temps below 90C, laptops are designed to take a bit more heat than a desktop but all in all you want to keep these below melting points...

the 5870m is more like a 5770, not a bad chip but it cant match a desktop card. it has less stream processors and clock speed. still, i think it can run deus ex maxed, perhaps with a bit less filtering.

I would go with the 740 over the 640, minimal price difference for more power, ram, and hardware.

either that or check out that ibuypower one. I have never used an MSI laptop or ibuypower. I have never heard a client complain about ibuypower so i will assume they are good. I have used MSI MB's for the past 11 years with no issue but i have had issues with there heat sinks on there graphics cards.

The 560m is 5-17% faster than the 5870m. I myself would look at physical forum factor. do you like the keyboards, mouse pad, screens, ect. even tho i dont care for the extra space on the sides of that ibuypower's keyboard i would still go with that over the msi i think.

also with teh ibuypower you can customize more, perhaps upgrade to a 6990m if you feel the need. that card is about equal to a 560TI desktop card at stock clock speeds. i hope to god you dont need battery life tho...
m
l
October 21, 2011 8:51:45 AM

USEFUL INFO , thanks A lot . i already have Gaming PC , so theres no need to run all games maxedout on laptop , so i think i gonna grab 740GX ,

Atleast some of Latest games will run great . Im pretty sure that DeusEx n Rage n such games will run fine . N for Working GX740 is more than enouhg i think . n better that it can run games Smooth too . thanx 4 all info
m
l
October 23, 2011 3:08:58 AM

just this week i had to take a trip away from my desktop. i brought with me a Dell 1720 from 2006 with a core 2 duo 2.4 and a 8600M GT. after over clocking this video card by 300Mhz on core/mem it was able to run deus ex at 25-35fps on high DX9 quality on a 29" tv.

I think that any decent new gaming laptop will be able to handle this game. An old friend that i ran into back in my home town had a brand new i5 acer laptop with integrated intel video wich could NOT run deus ex on low settings.
m
l
October 23, 2011 9:24:08 PM

But im sure that 5870 on MSI 740GX will run it Fine . hehe . if your 8600Gt would do that , then 5870 will surly do !!!
m
l
!