Installation problems with GTX 460

poklim

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
I've been having a lot of trouble trying to install my gpu.

I run i3 2120 with a 430W corsair and h61 mobo.

When i connect/plug the gpu in and turn on the pc, the fan on the gpu runs fine and that indicates that all is hooked up correctly, i assume.

Anyways, when i insert the disc for driver installation on the zotac gtx460, it lets me choose my OS, etc. Then it'll come up with a message "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I also tried installing the driver from the NVIDIA website and when I try that, it states that it doesnt work with my hardware.

I do have integrated graphics and i've already tried disabling and installing the gpu afterwards. No go..

Anything else I can try?? I'm on windows 7, 64 bit if that helps.

edit: also, when i go to my device manager, there is no sign of the gpu at all..

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
first power down

uninstall gfx card

boot up.....go into control panel

under uninstall programs uninstall whatever (intel) driver you currently have installed

shut rig down......

install card again.....make sure your psu is hooked into card correctly...

boot up...

download latest driver from nvidia's website....not the cd

run the setup

after following install as instructed reboot when asked......

that should be it

good luck.....

The GeForce GTX 460 requires two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors from the power supply unit. Did you plug both of them into the graphics card? I'm assuming you would have had to use one of the Dual MOLEX-to-6-pin PCIe power adapter cables that came with the graphics card.

If Windows doesn't recognize that the graphics card as a display adapter device you won't be able to install a device driver for it.

funkflex

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Thank you so much Ko888! Louis