hawkswoop

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Dear Toms Hardware

For i while now i have been using and 880gm le-fx motherboard and have 2 Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 ram installed so that i am running dual channel. When i look at Cpu-z or windows task manager it says i have 3.96 usable. ( i definitely have 64 bit windows 7) so i check the bios and it says it is running single channel even though it recognizes both ram module in the bios. I pulled the ram out and put it back in and it booted dual channel but whenever it did so the system would crash during the windows loading screen or within about 10 seconds of the computer being turned on. It is reading the full 8gb but it will always turn off and then back on again or freeze whenever it is running two ram modules

If anyone knows how to have 8gb of ram and not crash could you please help. Also when runnign in single slot at 4gb it is perfectly stable
I just want to confirm that this is a ram problem before i go out and by another set of ram?

Any help is wanted thank you in Advance for your help

hawkswoop

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Thankyou for your response. I have heard rumours that putting ram the was origanally in slot a or b into the other slot will screw with the ram, Is this true?

Also do you think this is definitively a ram issue or could it be something else