Sign in with
Your question

Event id 7023

Last response: in Windows 7
January 7, 2010 1:39:19 PM

While playing Tomb Raider Underword had a BSOD and event id 7023 as the problem.
Computer Specs:
HP computer (m8200n)
WD 160 hard drive
Win7 64 bit
3Gb ram
amd 6000+ processor
PNY GTS 250 1gb ram
antec 500w PS
Installed xin7 an hour or so before playing. Has all drivers that win7 found. No problems showing in device manager.

More about : event 7023

a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 2:25:20 PM

try using the most upto date drivers from the manufacturers websites
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 2:36:20 PM

Seeing that you finished installing an hour before you started playing your game, I take it that you did not take the time to fully configure the system and make sure that all updates were installed including program updates?

Did you do a Fresh Install or did you just upgrade over your previous installation?

Searching the Microsoft database for the particular event ID and Windows 7, this is all I was able to find.

One of the biggest problems it seems stems from upgrading over the previous installation instead of doing a clean install.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 9:57:05 AM

fowang said:
try using the most upto date drivers from the manufacturers websites

You're right after further investigating I had a corrupt driver for the card. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it seems to be working fine. Played tomb raider underworld longer than I was able to before & quit on my own. And to answer renegade below it was a fresh install - don't like upgrading.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2010 11:27:42 AM

That's why I asked whether or not you had done a clean install or upgraded.

A corrupt driver doesn't necessarily have to be from doing a straight upgrade. :) 
m
l
!