Phone sync with PDA query

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I could use some advice from you
experienced people out there.

OK, I have a HP4150 iPAQ and a Sony Ericsson T610. The PDA has both
Bluetooth and wi-fi connectivity. I use the wi-fi with our wireless network
at home, and it pretty much set itself up, all I had to do was put in my
e-mail pop & smtp details. I use NTL on broadband.

Now, I want to be able to synchronise my PDA and phone (calendar and
contacts) and be able to browse the internet and get my e-mail on my PDA
using the bluetooth facility and (I presume) the phone as a modem.

I'm pretty technically minded, but I'm not sure how I should go about this.
I've downloaded the synch software fromt he Sony Ericsson site onto my PC
but not sure how that helps. How can I synch my PDA with my phone and do all
the stuff I mentioned above.

It's all about setting up in connectivity on the phone I reckon, but I
haven't a clue what the sttings should be. I've managed to get the PDA and
phone to recognise each other but now I'm feeling around in the dark, so to
speak..

Any help or step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

TIA
Tracey
1 answer Last reply
More about phone sync query

    "Smith" <traceysmith@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this has been covered before, but I could use some advice from
    you
    > experienced people out there.
    >
    > OK, I have a HP4150 iPAQ and a Sony Ericsson T610. The PDA has both
    > Bluetooth and wi-fi connectivity. I use the wi-fi with our wireless
    network
    > at home, and it pretty much set itself up, all I had to do was put in my
    > e-mail pop & smtp details. I use NTL on broadband.
    >
    > Now, I want to be able to synchronise my PDA and phone (calendar and
    > contacts) and be able to browse the internet and get my e-mail on my PDA
    > using the bluetooth facility and (I presume) the phone as a modem.

    In order to synch the PDA with the phone you need to use the PIM
    Synchronization profile in bluetooth. I am not sure if the HP (or any Pocket
    PC) supports that profile not to mention the phone too.

    To connect to the Internet using your phone/PDA with bluetooth you need to
    have a data account with your mobile service provider. Depending on the
    provider you may be able to use the phone just like a regular analog modem
    (it functions like a modem but it really isn't), however, there aren't many
    providers here in the US that support that. It appears from your domain
    (ntlworld) that you might be in the UK so you may have better luck with the
    mobile providers over there.

    > I'm pretty technically minded, but I'm not sure how I should go about
    this.
    > I've downloaded the synch software fromt he Sony Ericsson site onto my PC
    > but not sure how that helps. How can I synch my PDA with my phone and do
    all
    > the stuff I mentioned above.
    >
    > It's all about setting up in connectivity on the phone I reckon, but I
    > haven't a clue what the sttings should be. I've managed to get the PDA and
    > phone to recognise each other but now I'm feeling around in the dark, so
    > speak..
    >
    > Any help or step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

    Try this site for more detailed information

    Good luck

    TC

    > TIA
    > Tracey