Whats a good high end power supply?

Mfusick

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Not as interested in the voltage accuracy, or power amount as I am in the customization, possible options, neatness, cool factor and looks or ease of use and cable management,

I plan to build in a COSMOS II ultra tower...

10 HDD's
SSD's
LGA1155 ASUS @ 2500k CPU

Someone recommend me good one.. pls

If you're not interested how well it performs, why ask?
Just get yourself an Apevia, they are only about looks and cool factor ( how much does that matter inside a closed PC case ?)
Oh, and plan on replacing it much sooner than you would a good quality psu.

Mfusick

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005

Well.... I was trying to stress that I valued how easily it would install into a complicated and demanding system and allow for many variations and accommodate a more than ordinary build - how easily the cable management and configuration could be- and how neat it would all be.

I am not looking to buy crap. Sorry I might have made that appearance in saying what I did wrong.

I would spend some good money on it- but I don't want to overspend for very high voltage accuracy as the expense of other features.

I need a full featured power supply. If I can get very high voltage accuracy with all the rest that is what I want. If I have to chose- I will probably not choose the voltage accuracy over the other stuff as it is very important to me.

Hope that clarifies.

My budget is $200ish or less if possible

birdfish

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I'm sporting an Enermax 1350 watt pws that I really like....nice quality construction and fully modular but no cheezy lighted fans or cable ends....just a good solid power supply with good built quality.... and most important good solid power output!

But I can't understand why anyone would take my or anyone elses advice from posting over going out and doing some real research on reviews and tests to make a decision by. The power supply is an important part and you should be worring about the quality of the power output as well as the looks.

You're going with an enclosed case so why worry about ASSthetics?? I've got a clear acrylic case so looks is everything but I still made power output qaulity priority one in my choice for power supply.

whatever you do don't skimp on your power supply...

Um, do you want your pieces to break? The PSU is the MOST important part in a computer, because if it breaks, the rest of that machine can break.

You want good voltage accuracy, extra watts on the PSU so your are not stressing it too much, and something that will last a long time.

How many video cards? What video card(s)?

OC on the CPU or video cards?

This will handle two GPUs (as long as they are not crazy high-end GPUs), an OCed CPU, and all your HDDs fitting well under the $200 budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011