Bluetooth from Palm Tungsten T to a Nokia 6230

Last response: in Technologies
September 22, 2004 1:30:53 AM

I can get the connection between the Palm Tungsten T and my Nokia 6230 by
Bluetooth, and try to beam via Bluetooth a Category in my address book on
the Palm.

What exactly is a "category"?

If "unfilled" I would like to beam every name, address, phone number etc. to
the 6230. The Palm T claims "Done" but nothing seems to be sent across.

What is the trick here, or can't it be done?

T.I.A.

--

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up.
Anonymous

"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> I can get the connection between the Palm Tungsten T and my Nokia 6230 by
> Bluetooth, and try to beam via Bluetooth a Category in my address book on
> the Palm.
>
> What exactly is a "category"?

So you own a Palm but don't know what a category is? I'm guessing you don't
have many contacts in your Palm, or don't use it much. Every entry in your
address book (and many other types of items in other standard/3rd party
applications) in the Palm has a 'category', and when you're viewing the
address book you're either seeing all the categories at once or just one in
particular (it'll be "unfiled" at least as that's a standard one it always
has). Categories help sort your contacts into say work, home, family,
friends... Then instead of trying to find one contact in 100 when you're
browsing the list, you can select the category it's in and have fewer to
hunt through, say 1 in 10 (to pick a random no.) for family contacts. Much
easier. It's another level to split them into. The current category is
usually listed in the top right of the menu bar of the application (address
book, whatever) as a drop-down menu and can be edited for each item while
editing the details. I really find it hard to believe you don't know this,
but there's an explanation if you didn't know.

So the option to send a 'category', I think, should mean that it'll try to
send every contact in a particular category - likely whatever current
category you're looking at unless it gives you an option to choose one.

I own a Palm but not one as recent as the Tungsten so that's why I've
presumed a little above.

John.
!